• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May 2014

482 posts in this topic

The endless wait is almost over...just 3 days away now! Time to get the popcorn machine out. :popcorn:

My feeling is that this auction will be pretty strong given the relatively small size of the offerings (and the lack of supply in general so far in 2014) and with the stock and real estate markets both still flying high. I know that I'll be throwing in higher bids than I otherwise would have on the few things I'm targeting, and that's largely due to the "wealth effect" from higher asset prices in general.

The endless wait is almost over...just 3 days away now! Time to get the popcorn machine out. :popcorn:

My feeling is that this auction will be pretty strong given the relatively small size of the offerings (and the lack of supply in general so far in 2014) and with the stock and real estate markets both still flying high. I know that I'll be throwing in higher bids than I otherwise would have on the few things I'm targeting, and that's largely due to the "wealth effect" from higher asset prices in general.

There you go being all bullish again Gene. Don't you ever change your tune? :baiting:

Scott

There you go being all bullish again Gene. Don't you ever change your tune? :baiting:

Scott

lol awesome!

I know that I'll be throwing in higher bids than I otherwise would have on the few things I'm targeting, and that's largely due to the "wealth effect" from higher asset prices in general.

Someone has either hacked Gene's account or he's starting to use my patented reverse psychology tactics.

Or the perma-bears have finally thrown in the towel! :o

I know that I'll be throwing in higher bids than I otherwise would have on the few things I'm targeting, and that's largely due to the "wealth effect" from higher asset prices in general.

Someone has either hacked Gene's account or he's starting to use my patented reverse psychology tactics.

Or the perma-bears have finally thrown in the towel! :o

Hahahahahha - you think this is the real Gene? lol

It is. :sumo:

The Buscema Avengers #81 splash is already up to $40.6K. :whatthe::insane::screwy:

I'm stunned by that piece. Its beautiful and Big John first run, but when someone told me they thought 25k about a month ago I wasn't sure it would even get there. 40K is unbelievable.

If the contemporary art auction results have any relation to high prices in the comic art collecting world, this could be a strong auction. Over the last week the 4 major auction houses finished this season with a cumulative and unprecedented total of $1,373,858,000!!

If the contemporary art auction results have any relation to high prices in the comic art collecting world, this could be a strong auction. Over the last week the 4 major auction houses finished this season with a cumulative and unprecedented total of $1,373,858,000!!

Doesn't look like the fine art bubble is going to burst while (blue chip) stock and (luxury) real estate prices remain at/near record highs, interest rates remain artificially depressed, dealmaking activity is rampant and cheap money and bloated private company valuations abound. Of course, those conditions won't last forever, and prices are, in the words of hedge fund billionaire collector Jim Chanos, "getting silly". hm

People can read as much or as little through to the OA market as they wish to suit their own particular rationalization of current prices. :insane:

The Buscema Avengers #81 splash is already up to $40.6K. :whatthe::insane::screwy:

I'm stunned by that piece. Its beautiful and Big John first run, but when someone told me they thought 25k about a month ago I wasn't sure it would even get there. 40K is unbelievable.

How does this work? Internet bidding was over when I went to bed last night and the bidding had stopped at 22k I think. I thought bidding didn't start again until the live auction? (shrug)

Scott

Scott, internet bidding continues till 2 hours before the auction for "Legacy Clients" of Heritage. So, it's still open for another 20 minutes.

Ron

Really? That's interesting. I had no idea. I bunch of items got bumped up from last night, not just the Avengers.

Full disclosure, I was going to make a strong run (at least I THOUGHT a strong run) on the Avengers splash, but I'm out. I need to find a new hobby.

Scott

Full disclosure, I was going to make a strong run (at least I THOUGHT a strong run) on the Avengers splash, but I'm out. I need to find a new hobby.

I used to say this half-jokingly as well, but, now, I say it more like 20% jokingly. :(

I used to say this half-jokingly as well, but, now, I say it more like 20% jokingly. :(

:insane: