• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY SELLER WARNING: atomic-age-man

33 posts in this topic

Here's a preface: I have _never_ returned a comic book that I have purchased, even if I thought it was overgraded. I typically buy Good through Fine books, so it's not a problem.

Recently, I purchased a copy of Beware Terror Tales in CGC 4.5 condition. I understood that CGC purchases were not returnable. However, what the seller (atomic-age-man) did not mention that on the label, CGC specified "centerfold detached".

I don't buy books with detached covers or centerfolds and never would have bid on this book if I knew. I wrote the seller explaining my disappointment and he told me that CGC purchases were not refundable and completely ignored my future e-mails about this transaction. I offered to pay eBay and Paypal fees in order to get a refund. No answer.

I highly recommend that you avoid this seller "atomic-age-man", no matter what his high feedback rating may look like. If you have a problem, you're likely to be ignored. He sells a lot of pre-code and GA books on eBay, so be wary.

Wow, man! That sucks! I see this guy buying and selling pre-code all the time, too. Bummer. I may have even bought from him at one point, but it would have been in the vg range and not slabbed, and quite some time ago. Thanks for the warning!

You are very lucky to have never had an ebay transaction go bad on you. I am in the middle on this one. I certainly think that the detached centerfold should have been mentioned in the listing.

Was the top of the slab pictured? if so then the disclosure is there, even if it is not prominent.

Since the book got that grade it must have been better in other areas to allow it to hold that grade. I would assume that you could sell it and not take much of a loss if the detached centerfold bothered you that much. Of course you will never actually see it since the book is slabbed

Hmmm...that Shocking Mystery 53 I posted in the LB Cole thread was from this seller, and I've subsequently picked up another book from him without incident.

Sorry this one didn't work out for you... confused-smiley-013.gif

He has since removed the photos, but I could not read the "detached centerfold" notation on the label.

I'm going to end up selling the book since I don't touch books with detached covers or centerfolds. I paid $96 for it and hopefully I'll get back close to what I paid.

It's not normal for me to post something like this or leave negative feedback, but this person was not only deceiving but also rude. I have never had a transaction go sour like that on eBay.

I notice that you haven't yet left feedback for the seller... will he be getting a much-deserved neg? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmm...that Shocking Mystery 53 I posted in the LB Cole thread was from this seller, and I've subsequently picked up another book from him without incident.

Banner: How was the Ghostly Weird Tales #123 you got from him?

Banner: How was the Ghostly Weird Tales #123 you got from him?

As advertised! thumbsup2.gif

I probably will leave negative feedback, but I know what's coming... he's going to leave me a negative feedback in response. Is it worth it?

I had a guy in Germany stiff me on a $400 sale, I left negative feedback for him and he gave me back my first negative. Good thing he wrote it in German... no one knew what the hell he was talking about smile.gif

Wait 89 days to leave the negative, and hopefully he won't have enough time to leave you a negative as well. devil.gif

Actually, I am quite surprised that this has not been mentioned before. This is probably the safest way to leave negative feedback without leaving the other person enough time to neg you in return.

You should check into this since it might also be possible to time it down to a particular hour or minute. Can't remember right now since it's been such a long time since I had to resort to doing it. Actually, maybe it was just before midnight. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wait 89 days to leave the negative, and hopefully he won't have enough time to leave you a negative as well. devil.gif

Actually, I am quite surprised that this has not been mentioned before.

This has been mentioned at least a hundred times on these boards, along with several other feedback tips/strategies. For example, log into your Ebay account through Ebay Taiwan and you can leave much longer feedback responses (more characters allowed) then through Ebay US. thumbsup2.gif

You guys need to venture out of the GA section every once in a while. wink.gif

BTW, you can leave feedback after 90 days most of the time, but the idea of leaving it at 89 days is still a good one because most people don't know how to leave feedback after 90 days. It's just not fool proof.

This has been mentioned at least a hundred times on these boards, along with several other feedback tips/strategies. For example, log into your Ebay account through Ebay Taiwan and you can leave much longer feedback responses (more characters allowed) then through Ebay US. thumbsup2.gif

893blahblah.gif

BTW, you can leave feedback after 90 days most of the time, but the idea of leaving it at 89 days is still a good one because most people don't know how to leave feedback after 90 days. It's just not fool proof.

How do you leave feedback after 90 days? I want to know in case someone tries the 89-day neg technique on me! devil.gif

How do you leave feedback after 90 days? I want to know in case someone tries the 89-day neg technique on me! devil.gif

If you have the item number, you can go to the appropriate URL and leave feedback on the auction description page. These are currently accessible for 6 months. Beware though, if you intend leaving a post 90 day neg/neutral, you make it very easy for the other party to retaliate as they have easy access to the link (by the feedback comment)..