• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Income of OA Collectors

Income Brackets  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Income Brackets

65 posts in this topic

With the exponential growth of the market, and the prices that we are seeing these days, I began wondering recently what the breakdown of income levels is among OA collectors.

So, adding in all the income, including from investments (other than OA), what is your annual total income averaged over 3 years? Please keep your answers anonymous, of course :)

Thanks for playing!

That's because you're a rational person, Hari.

Ha! That is true. We should probably also do a similar poll in comics general and ask only those who collect ONLY comic books (CGC or otherwise) to respond. Would exclude folks who collect both.

Someone want to copy/paste the same poll over there?

Not sure if income is the best barometer...I make a fair living as head of the languages department at my local school but pay nearly 52% income tax.

Then again, (any) medical assistance/procedures ,public transport , college etc...are almost free... so out of the income I receive in hand a larger amount can go to disposable income.

Is this true! We have three people that make in excess of 1.5 million a year? :o

I think I know 2 of them, probably the third as well hm

Me too - Crackhead Bob, High Pitch Eric and Krazy Kat. hm

Not sure if income is the best barometer...I make a fair living as head of the languages department at my local school but pay nearly 52% income tax.

Then again, (any) medical assistance/procedures ,public transport , college etc...are almost free... so out of the income I receive in hand a larger amount can go to disposable income.

Very true. Disposable income is always more important than what you take home every two week.

But then again, the level of debt you're willing to take on would be as well....

Very true. Disposable income is always more important than what you take home every two week.

But then again, the level of debt you're willing to take on would be as well....

Your situation in life is also important. How many kids do you have, how old are you, is your mortgage paid off, are you married, have you inherited a significant amount? And of course, are you selling art that you purchased for cheap to buy other pieces.

Still an interesting poll. Looks like most collectors fall into the $75k to $100k strata.

I clicked the wrong button

You have to pay everyone else that voted the difference between what you clicked and the accurate figure.

Sorry, it's the rules. Paypal deets incoming. (thumbs u

Speaking for myself and probably several other boardies, I (try) to only use income generated from flipping comics to buy OA. While it's typically a slow process, it's also fun using a hobby to pay for another hobby.