• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Red Sonja issues (Dynamite Ent.) hot???

19 posts in this topic

Short answer, no. lol Occasionally some of the early RRP covers will break $100.00 as will some of the 9.8 SS graded books. They're modern books of which there is no shortage, and with little demand, you have to ask yourself how much can they really be worth? I have some, but only because I love the artwork, and mint copies can still be found for very low prices. Less than $5.00 in most cases. Higher dollars would be better spent on a Conan #23 or #24, Marvel Feature Vol.2 #1 or a Marvel Red Sonja Vol. 1 #1. Keep in mind that even these are only rare in highest graded copies. Avoid the Savage Sword of Conan #1 as someone found an unopened box of mint copies and there are now over 80 9.8's on the census. Used to go for over $1,000.00, and I was lucky to get $375.00 for my 9.8 a year ago. Now, who knows?

No. The Adams cover was the 1:25 variant. I know there was a Mel Rubi Fiery Red Foil cover for #1 which is basically the only one, but there is a fabled Paolo Rivera foil cover as well. Retailers who bought three Paolo Rivera statues. of which only 350 were made, were offered the chance to purchase the Paolo Rivera #1 foil cover for an extra fee. As if buying three statues wasn't enough. lol Probably the rarest Red Sonja cover of them all. It's the same as the regular Paolo Rivera cover, but it has glittery foil, and no price. I've been hunting it for years, and no one I've talked to has ever seen one. Easier to find a #0 RRP which was 1:1000 as those were 25 cents each, but how many retailers were going to actually buy a thousand copies? I do know where one of those is, but I'm not paying what they're asking. lol

I did great with the four Red Sonja's

Agnes Garbowska has a growing fan base.

Not stuck with anything.

They're just not "hot"

I buy product like I'm going to be in business in thirty years.

Always aggressive.

Overstock is inventory.

redsonja1.JPG

Honestly speaking, I'm glad there is no demand for the Red Sonja issues.

The foil variants are tough to come by in high grade as it is. I would hate to compete with a bunch of people who are just hunting them down to sell at a ridiculous price due to some wonky spike in demand.

Here's hoping I continue to be one of only a handful of collectors who are interested in the issues :wishluck:

Here's my #4 Blue Foil cover. For some strange reason this is my favorite cover of all time. Can't figure out why. lol By the amazing Marc Silvestri. I also have the RRP sketch cover, and glow in the dark cover for this one too. I think there is another blue foil cover for this issue with a different color blue. Not sure why that would be unless I'm seeing the same one reflecting light from a different angle, but the blue seems much lighter on the one I'm thinking of.

145552.jpg.9168bdf893fb986611ca4be8a0c7422e.jpg