• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is more dumb???

41 posts in this topic

Nothing to report. There's no proof that he doesn't actually have those books and has just started on ebay. Now, it is unlikely that a zero feedback seller would have that kind of inventory, but not impossible. I know that I sold my entire collection in 2001 on ebay with feedback of around 30 or 40 at the time, and I was legit, so who knows for sure?

Just the same, I'll not be bidding.

Nothing to report. There's no proof that he doesn't actually have those books and has just started on ebay. Now, it is unlikely that a zero feedback seller would have that kind of inventory, but not impossible. I know that I sold my entire collection in 2001 on ebay with feedback of around 30 or 40 at the time, and I was legit, so who knows for sure?

Just the same, I'll not be bidding.

Except it's already been pointed out where he stole at least the AF 15 scans from.

In the silver age thread.

Some of the bidders are obviously oblivious to the stolen pics. Some people are just unaware of all the scams going on and are entirely too trusting. They're vulnerable because they don't exercise due diligence in buying on eBay.

Some (not me) would say those unsuspecting bidders deserve to be fleeced. There are those that expect everybody to be on heightened alert when bidding on eBay items. Not all people employ common sense when bidding on items. Some don't know better and need to be educated. Or learn it the hard way.

It seems it's just too easy to perpetrate a scam. You can be brazen about it and there will be someone that will fall for your scam each and every time.

While there are no shortages of scammers and victims, there are those who care and try their best to prevent scams, like those on these boards.