• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

can someone tell me whats going on here?!

91 posts in this topic

so I bought both these books, I have seen a fantastic four book that is a printing error issue but have never seen this one, have had people tell me its a ink issue and a comic shop owner tell me its faded, I want to get it graded whats the deal??

THE BLACK SHEEP I say it is VF ANY GRADING OPINIONS WOULD BE A BIG HELP EVEN IF IT IS FADED COOLEST LOOKING COPY I HAVE EVER SEEN. ANY OPINIONS?

2vao8ky.jpg

THE NORM VG

vhdmi8.jpg

It looks almost entirely faded in the Magenta ink areas, and in the Yellow ones to a good degree (the Cyan areas are unaffected because Cyan is the darkest color after Black, and the one that resists more direct sunlight).

It might have been that the Magenta was a little weaker to begin with, but it does not look at all like a printing error.

I don’t know how much to downgrade for fading – personally I don’t like it, but we should see how CGC and Overstreet handle the defect.

Faded.

+1

my LCS had some Daredevils that had been in the front displays for years. the colors were completely gone from the sun and light.

What would you guys grade this at? The fading kills the eye appeal for me. That is why I was saying poor. But would like others opinions. I do not believe I ever saw a sun bleached CGC comic. Not saying that the grade they would assign would be the right grade. Just want to know other collectors opinion on this defect.

Post this in grading and restoration. Some folks there will see it and give some valuable input. Someone familiar with the printing process of that era can make some intelligent insight.

David,

Everyone that has posted here qualifies . . . :whistle:

-d

Post this in grading and restoration. Some folks there will see it and give some valuable input. Someone familiar with the printing process of that era can make some intelligent insight.

David,

Everyone that has posted here qualifies . . . :whistle:

-d

Yep. Anyone can own this book. Buy one, and leave it in your window in direct sunlight for awhile. Watch it turn into this copy.

Divad, what grade would you assign this comic in VF this being the major flaw.