• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Adventures #12 - Opinions please!

36 posts in this topic

And to think you were happy with the AA #11.

You must be popping buttons with this one. Plus, this is such an attractive cover.

It certainly looks great...and a great candidate for slabbing.

I'm sure the neg people will find something wrong...they always do. I've probably invited them to say their piece...but you know they will do it anyway makepoint.gif

9.4 I would think at least.

I have a copy of this issue (not as nice) and that bright yellow cover along with Iron Man's armor makes it almost as nice if not better looking than a black cover book IMHO! thumbsup2.gif

Nice. Sell it to me smile.gif

No. Seriously. Sell it to me. grin.gif

I don't post books here to sell them, but . . . everyone always has their price - pm me an insanely silly offer . . . and it's yours! insane.gif

9.4 I would think at least.

I have a copy of this issue (not as nice) and that bright yellow cover along with Iron Man's armor makes it almost as nice if not better looking than a black cover book IMHO! thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, although it's a BA book, it's truly a SA composition . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And to think you were happy with the AA #11.

You must be popping buttons with this one. Plus, this is such an attractive cover.

It certainly looks great...and a great candidate for slabbing.

I'm sure the neg people will find something wrong...they always do. I've probably invited them to say their piece...but you know they will do it anyway makepoint.gif

gossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

cloud9.gif

They're right - it is a lot more exciting than the AA #11! Must be at least 9.4 - I was thinking 9.6 actually, but that freaky negative picture shows 4 stresses so I guess it's closer to 9.4. I am still envious if that makes you feel any better! wink.gif

They're right - it is a lot more exciting than the AA #11! Must be at least 9.4 - I was thinking 9.6 actually, but that freaky negative picture shows 4 stresses so I guess it's closer to 9.4. I am still envious if that makes you feel any better! wink.gif

pretty much exactly what i was thinking.................but again, i'm not sure those spine stresses will be visible to the naked eye, so 9.6 isn't out of the question........

JIMM: how did you do that - awesome............. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. I used the "Invert" command in Photoshop, although MS Paint can do the same thing. I've been wanting to experiment with it as a tool to possibly detect color touch in scans, but I thought Divad's book would be a nice subject - not for CT, but because flaws are notoriously difficult to see on yellow covers.

If you invert the colors to make a negative and crank up or reduce the brightness/contrast, you can really find some interesting things. I'll keep you guys in the loop on how well this technique actually seems to work.

Thanks. I used the "Invert" command in Photoshop, although MS Paint can do the same thing. I've been wanting to experiment with it as a tool to possibly detect color touch in scans, but I thought Divad's book would be a nice subject - not for CT, but because flaws are notoriously difficult to see on yellow covers.

If you invert the colors to make a negative and crank up or reduce the brightness/contrast, you can really find some interesting things. I'll keep you guys in the loop on how well this technique actually seems to work.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif