• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starlight by Mark Millar & Goran Parlov & iMAGE comics & Millarworld

67 posts in this topic

I love it. Simple as that. Its John Carter if he came back to Earth.

I don't personally like some of the things Millar says or does, but man can he write. This first issue was great. The art is about average, but doesn't distract from the story. Its more like art from Invincible I think.

The first issue is a look back. His life and his choices. I absolutely loved it. I am sold and in for the long haul. The best way I can explain it to those who haven't read it yet is to think of John Carter. He saves Mars, but instead of staying goes back home to his wife and lives out his life and raises a family. As he gets in his twilight years something happens again and leads us into the 2nd issue. (I am leaving out stuff so you can read it yourself.)

This book may not go over as well with the younger generation(25 & under), but my age group(30+) and older will love it because we can relate.

2 is out already as of Wednesday. Also the420kid, don't check the preview to issue 3 then.

say it ain't so ...im afraid to look doh! is he playing football with green eggs?

I mean I love Flash Gordon and all but sheesh lets try something different