• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Request for Assistance on ZOMBIE Comics

35 posts in this topic

Random observations:

The Zombie story in Menace #5 was retconned in the early 70s as the origin of the living Zombie character than had his own Marvel mag.

Guy Davis illustrates an excellent & funny Zombie series in Metal Hurlant.

Wasn't Brother Voodoo a zombie? At least there were zombies running around in his stories.

There is an underground from the 70s called 'Two-Fisted Zombies' or 'Two-Fisted Zombie Tales'

Sorry but I'm a Warner Bros./Looney Tunes kid. I never liked the Disney stuff and still can't stomach them. Haven't read a page of Disney in my entire life, not going to start now just because we publish them. Now if we published Bugs Bunny, I'd be all over that. smile.gif

Arnold

Seeing that FC #238 Donald Duck in Voodoo Hoodoo reminded me that I've always wanted to read that story - fortunately there was a G+ copy on ebay for $20, and I just finished reading it. I can see why Disney hasn't allowed it to be reprinted - on top of the racial stereotypes the idea of an animated corpse wandering around Duckberg is probably a little too grisly for Disney these days. I'd forgotten how entertaining those old Bark's adventures were - I'm thinking about picking up readers of some of the other Four Colors - I know they run a little more than the Gladstone reprints, but it's a blast to read the originals - what are considered some of the better stories?