• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign Comic Collector launches Forum, Blog and Magazine Issue #3!

8 posts in this topic

Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of Foreign Comic Collector Magazine, I am proud to announce that we are moving forward in several areas.

1) As of today, the Foreign Comic Collector forum has officially launched. It can be found at www.ForeignComicDB.com and is live and ready for new registrants.

The goal of this forum is to bring together individuals and groups likeminded in the interest of foreign comic books, be they dealers, collectors, organizations, etc. The CGC Boards have been a wonderful outlet for the community over the past several years, and we hope that foreign comics remain a prominent blip on the Collectors' Society radar - but the time has come to open up an community dedicated to this constantly evolving collecting niche.

The forum is administrated by myself, with moderation by the FCC staff. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the site, and I intend to grow and adapt it as the community settles in.

2) FCC now has an official blog! Every single day, our little group is brainstorming ideas for articles for the magazine but there's simply too much to say and discuss. We feel that having a blog will allow us to share content of interest, even beyond the boundaries of the printed page.

The blog can be found at http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/apps/blog/

Expect entries to begin soon!

3) Finally, issue #3 of the magazine has dropped! Featuring an enlightening article on the intriguing nature of the South American Supercomix publications, a Collector Spotlight on myself (Liam Sturgess), as well as a Limelight look at Chespirito (Hector Banda)'s stunning Amazing Spider-Man #300 foreign collection.

Issue #3: http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/archive

Once again, we're very excited that the collecting community is expanding its borders and we are honoured to be an integral part of it. We look forward to hearing your feedback and keep your eyes out, because even bigger things are on their way!

- Liam Sturgess (Forum and Database Admin.)

Just a reminder if you're going to the Indiana Comic Con March 14th-16th FCC will be in Artist Alley at table #4. We'll have an incredible display of foreign books that once you see them will give you an idea of why those of us in the niche are so enthusiastic about it.

You'll also be able to register to win a few cool foreign books.

1) French Canadian ASM #252 (at the con)

2) Mexican ASM #298 (at the con)

3) Mexican ASM #300 (through the FCC site)

No tickets to buy, no money changes hands. Just sign up at the FCC website and you'll be eligible to win the Mexican Spidey #300.

Tim Bildhauser (Associate Editor)

(thumbs u

Yup, I think we are doing pretty good keeping things up to snuff at FCC! :whistle:

In the spirit of celebration I would like to show off the amazing limelight section of issue 3. Our very own CGC board member Chesperito has created over the last couple of years the most amazing Spidey 300 foreign/reprint set! It really has to be seen to be believed! :o

FCC_issue3_limelight.jpg

FCC_issue3_limelightpage3.jpg

Thanks for checking us out fellow boardies! (thumbs u