• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Displaying and storing treasury editions...how do you do it?

26 posts in this topic

I have exactly 3 treasury-sized books in my collection and I don't anticipate getting anymore in the near future. What is the common way to store these? Do they make treasury-sized bags and boards? What's a good way to store them? Is there a good way to display them?

love those treasuries-you can see the art so much better

faves: Kirby's 2001, cap bicentennial with pages of kirby inked by barry smith, conan, fantastic four, superman vs flash....AWESOME

I store mine flat in boxes. Probably around 20 or so in each box. I've kept them that way for the last 15 or so years.

I'm not sure if they would fit in a toploader made for Time magazines, but if they do, that might work for displaying them (shrug)

I custom made a backing board...Cut a heavy duty piece of cardboard, affixed two regular backing boards to the HD cardboard and store in a treasury size bag. Keep it upright with a acrylic stand. Displays nicely in my cabinet...I have the Superman vs Spider-Man one...

I have exactly 3 treasury-sized books in my collection and I don't anticipate getting anymore in the near future. What is the common way to store these? Do they make treasury-sized bags and boards? What's a good way to store them? Is there a good way to display them?

I too love those Treasuries. Everything is just so - BIG.

They make collector supplies for them, just like regular comics

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-TREASURY-SIZED-COMIC-STORAGE-RESEALABLE-BAGS-WITH-BOARDS-FREE-SHIPPING-/151212938961?pt=US_Comic_Storage_Supplies&hash=item2334fe56d1

I listed the above because you only need a few and at $12 shipped for 10 it would meet your needs. You can as others have noted order them from Bill Cole, Bags Unlimted, etc...

The boxes are harder. The easiest solution I think is to use a standard magazine box and put them in sideways.

I bought bags and boards for mine on the Internet from some where. And I keep them in a broken mag box turned sideways. (shrug)

61a31db9aad1330141557a2a39d8dfc8_zpsad8052a7.jpg[/img]

That box has seem some love in it's day :roflmao:

That's nice - how do you store and display your copies?

-slym

:frustrated:

come on we're allowed to digress a bit-we aren't computers exchanging bits of information....

come on we're allowed to digress a bit-we aren't computers exchanging bits of information....

I never said we were.

I figure, the least you could do was answer the question.

:shrug:

-slym

I never said we were.

I figure, the least you could do was answer the question.

:shrug:

-slym

well I figured my answer-stacking em in a closet-wasnt quite what the OP was looking for. But I did want to show my appreciation for TE in a spirit of comaraderie.

Mag box. Put them in lengthwise with the spines up.

Me too :grin:

That's what i do with most of my treasuries. I do have the really hi-grade specimens in frames I picked up at an art supply store. I'd prefer mylars, but couldn't find any at the time.

i bought some Treasury size Acrylic Top Loaders at Wondercon they are great and really protect your books they cost $12 a pop but well worth it for long term collecting preservation

i have the dealer name somewhere ill see if i can locate it if you like