• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TTA 91 (First Abomination Part 2)

11 posts in this topic

Thanks, I tend to think it could go a little higher (MAYBE), but the seller had it graded at VF which I think is really funny. Not the worst overgrading I have ever experienced, but I am still happy with the purchase especially the price I got it for and like you said it is still a nice copy of the Edward Norton Hulk's #1 foe lol

I'm big on this cover. It's Gil Kane's awesome contribution to the group of great "Hulk v." covers:

FF 25

TTA 59

JIM 112

FF 112

Hulk 340

This book should be designated a classic cover by Overstreet. Also, Bowendesigns Smackdown Hulk and Abomination statues closely match this cover:

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f87/bowen-designs-hulk-vs-abomination-8103.html

I'm big on this cover. It's Gil Kane's awesome contribution to the group of great "Hulk v." covers:

FF 25

TTA 59

JIM 112

FF 112

Hulk 340

This book should be designated a classic cover by Overstreet. Also, Bowendesigns Smackdown Hulk and Abomination statues closely match this cover:

I really like this book and TTA 90 but I think the art on 91 is horrible. The clash between the Abomination and the Hulk is is incredibly awkward, they don't appear to be standing on the same plane. AB's anatomy is strange and what is with the exploding pant knee on the hulk? It also suffers form the same problem that nearly all of the TTA and ToS compositions suffer from; an over abundance of headers/word baloons/title splashes. To top it all off the color pallet is both too busy and not-complimentary.

That is my 2c

As for grade I would say 6.5.

FF 25

TTA 59

JIM 112

FF 112

Hulk 340

No TTA 79 hulk vs herc

I really like this book and TTA 90 but I think the art on 91 is horrible. The clash between the Abomination and the Hulk is is incredibly awkward, they don't appear to be standing on the same plane. AB's anatomy is strange and what is with the exploding pant knee on the hulk? It also suffers form the same problem that nearly all of the TTA and ToS compositions suffer from; an over abundance of headers/word baloons/title splashes. To top it all off the color pallet is both too busy and not-complimentary.

Wow! What side of the bed did you get up on? :baiting: Let us know how you really feel. lol