• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylar Sleeves and Backs

19 posts in this topic

Can anyone suggest a good place (or the best companies) to pick up some Mylar Sleeves & Board combos for my Walking Dead Comic collection?

My LCS Sells these really ones and they slide around way too much for it being a modern sleeve

Really just want 10-20 of each for the comics i have that aren't already in Mylar

I tried searching and the FAQ's and i must have missed the post if there is one regarding this subject,

These are the best way to go until i get them CGC'd right?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Getting just 20 or so is going to be tough. I don't think anyone sells "broken packs."

I thought about doing so at one time, but the initial investment was still too much for my broke .

Maybe one day...

-slym

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-353-mylar-polyester-sleeves.aspx

These 2 mil and 4 mil Comic Book Sleeves are made of Archival Polyester (Mylar) an inert material of the highest clarity. We use DuPont inert Melinex® or a suitable equivalent.

Polyester (Mylar) will not discolor, damage, or adhere to items placed inside it. It is a sturdy film that beautifully displays, timelessly protects, and gives extra support to fragile documents.

We have two styles of 4 mil polyester sleeves. They are both made of the same archival polyester material, but they have two different flap styles. The Open Flap style (ROF) has to be creased to form the flap and then folded over. The Beaded Flap style (BF) has a third piece of polyester that is bead welded to the extended back of the sleeve, creating the flap.

Our polyester material has passed the Photo Activity Test (PAT).

Scroll down for more product information and pricing.

These worth a dang?

Cool, Thank you very much!

I see the 50 packs which seems to be 25 boards/bags

but i'm not afraid to admit i'm not sure how to tell which ones would fit best for my walking deads

Whats my best option(s) here?

I see alot out of stock in the combo boards as well doh!:(

Cool, Thank you very much!

I see the 50 packs which seems to be 25 boards/bags

but i'm not afraid to admit i'm not sure how to tell which ones would fit best for my walking deads

Whats my best option(s) here?

I see alot out of stock in the combo boards as well doh!:(

One of the best guides on these boards:

Mylar bags and boards

Realizing this is more of an opinion question, but how do you determine which books to place in mylars with fullbacks? Ones you'll display, favorites, most valuable, certain date range/era?

I mean i dont really need to get mylites for my New 52 and Marvel Now issues do I? the regular sleeves and backing boards will suffice won't they?

I can't imagine someone who has EVERY book in a mylar unless they have a really small collection or have more money than they know what to do with.

Realizing this is more of an opinion question, but how do you determine which books to place in mylars with fullbacks? Ones you'll display, favorites, most valuable, certain date range/era?

I mean i dont really need to get mylites for my New 52 and Marvel Now issues do I? the regular sleeves and backing boards will suffice won't they?

I can't imagine someone who has EVERY book in a mylar unless they have a really small collection or have more money than they know what to do with.

I have heard of very combination from everything including new book go into Mylar to nothing.

It depends on funds - if you can afford it, put everything into Mylar and your books' colours will pop.

For books I frequently read, I never spend the money to put them in a mylar. This is the majority of the keeper books I have. They are usually in the NM- to NM range and would likely never see a slab.

Mylar for me = long term solution for books I plan to keep for a long time and will not be reading. These have the potential to be graded (usually onsite at MegaCon once per year.) I tend to rotate my mylar books on a few of my shelves so I can see them. The mylar makes them look great! On the shelf, I have a few older books that would grade from 5.0-7.0 that look NM up on the shelf.

I plan on picking up another 50-100 mylite2s at MegaCon from the HotFlips booth!!

Well personally i don't collect a whole lot of different comics.

These are to replace my crappy LCS bag/boards that are just...not that great to say the least for my personal Walking Dead set as i need to replace some of my run from 54 to current in Mylar all the rest are mylar'd or CGC'd already and some random #1's and variants i feel will be worth sitting on.

I use mylars and half-backs for comics I actually like. They REALLY stand out when compared to a regular bag and board. I'm willing to spend the money so that I can have the confidence that they will be good to go for a decade or two. Maybe that's just me though.

I have been slowly changing over my books to Mylites2 with HB boards. The better books i use FB boards. and today I got in the Mylites4!!! These are some rigid mofo's!

so, my best books go in these. (I can't afford to slab all my best books.... :sorry:)

They look amazing and i'm not afraid to let people handle my books!!! (like my gf who LOVES to hold them by the spine and flop 'em around :frustrated:)

Anyway, there was no point to this.

YAY MYLAR!!!!