• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC auction...

141 posts in this topic

36k for the Action #7 CGC 3.5 with slight amateur resto. Are we going to see this book with glue removed and a blue label in the near future?

10K for the Action #13 CGC 1.0 with slightly brittle pages.

Strong prices!

36k for the Action #7 CGC 3.5 with slight amateur resto. Are we going to see this book with glue removed and a blue label in the near future?

Strong prices!

yes on #1

:screwy: on #2

I spent all my money on the Clink auction (WW1 8.0) and sold my Action 7 a few months ago to help pay for the new house.

With no money (and no Action 7) I can't watch! [this is where I need an icon with a smiley face guy covering his eyes]

While you guys were all focused on CC, I picked up Mystery #1 and #4 for what I thought were steals over at MCS. Not only do both books feature Schomburg Wonderman covers, he also pencils the story as well.

Strong prices!

That's a risky proposition to say the least on the Action 7, especially at that price. Who knows even if the glue can be removed (if it can be removed at all) without destroying the comic, detaching the cover or several wraps, etc, and what kind of grade it will drop down to after all that is done to it........? (shrug)

-J.

I was an active bidder on the Action 7, but got too rich for my blood especially with glue on the spine. The moderate amount of glue would be worrisome for me to remove, if in fact it could be removed completely. If removed, I think the cover would be detached from the pages and possibly splitting of the covers. I can see around a 1.5/2.0 blue at best.

:whistle:

Looking forward to seeing it in San Diego. (thumbs u

Someone may be trying to gamble on the upcoming "conserved" label to increase some of it's FMV...... and for the sake of argument, some of the bidders may actually just want a copy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The action 7 may not have a spine left after glue removal. So I'm thinking blue label 1.0 or 1.5 tops. I would probably leave it as is. I don't see a blue 1.0/1.5 going for more.

While you guys were all focused on CC, I picked up Mystery #1 and #4 for what I thought were steals over at MCS. Not only do both books feature Schomburg Wonderman covers, he also pencils the story as well.

I saw those. Congrats! I had thrown in a bid on the #4. :)

I wonder if anyone has seen the Action 7 in person to get an idea if the glue can be removed? Maybe there a couple of folks out there with insider information, and that's where the higher price bidding stems from?

I wonder if anyone has seen the Action 7 in person to get an idea if the glue can be removed? Maybe there a couple of folks out there with insider information, and that's where the higher price bidding stems from?

Maybe the graders' notes told the tale.

Maybe folks thought that its a 60-70k book without the glue and figured some old glue just saved them 30-35k (shrug)

Rick, how do you think it'll grade after the glue is removed?

I don't think the glue can be removed without lowering book to a 1.0 range. Hence I would leave as is (thumbs u

Maybe folks thought that its a 60-70k book without the glue and figured some old glue just saved them 30-35k (shrug)

My point was that an unrestored 3.5 might sell for 60-70k. This copy looks as nice as a 3.5 can, only bc of the glue it sits in a purple holder. Book is the book. At 36k, it is a bargain relative to if the same book sat in a blue holder

That said a 1.0 that looks like this might be a 25-30k book so I don't believe the motivation was to remove glue but to own a good looking copy at a 50% discount (thumbs u