• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help grading this..

17 posts in this topic

I bought this off ebay when these were relatively inexpensive and it looked flawless online. However when I got it it had a tear in the upper right hand corner. I got a partial refund but I really wanted to get it graded. Its flawless besides this. I didn't know if I could get it fixed anywhere or not. heres the pics let me know what you think. Like I said its flawless besides that, just wondered how far the grade would drop because of this thanks!

utmb.jpggcjw.jpg

I would guess in high grade it would drop it one level (9.8 to 9.6, 9.6 to 9.4). Without high resolution scans it would be impossible to guess where it's dropping from.

+1 Let's see some high res large scans please?smiley-gen130.gif

I would guess in high grade it would drop it one level (9.8 to 9.6, 9.6 to 9.4). Without high resolution scans it would be impossible to guess where it's dropping from.

+1 Let's see some high res large scans please?smiley-gen130.gif

+1 again

Other than the top corner, there appears to be a couple of non-cb spine creases by Nightwing's elbow.

NM you're right there are 2 creases in the spine by nightwings elbow. Maybe I should get it pressed.. That's all there is though I looked pretty good. I just wanted to know how much the upper right effects the grade. So if I can press it and get a 9.6 out of it I'd be happy. I also getting George Perez to sign it in 2 weeks..

Being real honest, if I bought this book as a slabbed 9.4 or 9.6 I would be bummed to receive the book and find that corner hanging by a thread.

I guess I'd say, go for it if it will be a signed book that you want for your personal collection. But if you're doing all this work intending to resell the book, I'd consider maybe using a different copy. Just my 2c !

I bought this off ebay when these were relatively inexpensive and it looked flawless online. However when I got it it had a tear in the upper right hand corner. I got a partial refund but I really wanted to get it graded. Its flawless besides this. I didn't know if I could get it fixed anywhere or not. heres the pics let me know what you think. Like I said its flawless besides that, just wondered how far the grade would drop because of this thanks!

:takeit: off your hands. :grin:

Personally, I wouldn't press it. Any further unnecesary handling may result in the tiny corner chip popping off. I'd leave it as is in a Mylar. I wouldn't even slab it, unless you are thinking of selling it. :grin:

Personally, I wouldn't press it. Any further unnecesary handling may result in the tiny corner chip popping off. I'd leave it as is in a Mylar. I wouldn't even slab it, unless you are thinking of selling it. :grin:
plus signature series.

146011.jpg.0038835dd3ebcb9a6d743ffcaeb028f1.jpg