• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my 2 issues of DD Man Without Fear 1

5 posts in this topic

Okay, first off sorry for the scan quality. The lines down the middle that extend into the black are obviously scanning artifacts. Unfortunately, the stuff on the edges is on the books, although it looks so harsh in the light of the scan!

So please give me a best guesstimate. One has Frank Miller and Al Williamson sigs on the front and the other has JRJR and Al Williamson.

Okay, here's Frank.

12031421400676jFmSC2GU.jpg

120314214013t7sFCxa6U0.jpg

and here's Junior

120314214026k1OKbzY6Ub.jpg

120314214019ItVID5inCv.jpg sorry it is off center

Now Junior looks a bit better than Frank, but would the Frank sig put value over Junior despite possibly better condition?

Thanks everyone!

Awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a grade. I will admit I'm a bit surprised at the disparity I guess those corners really make a difference I guess they should

Keep in mind that I am only looking at a scan. Having the book in hand is more precise. Also the scans are a bit on the small size. They are a great size to imbed within the thread because they don't screw with the screen size, however if you provide links to larger scans at 300, 600 or 1200 dpi then it would allow me to be more precise on the scanned grade.

Having said all of this, I am not by any means a professional grader and even CGC gets it wrong sometimes (or so we like to think).

At CGC there are at least three people that grade the book and then converse if there is any disparity of grades to reach a decision. The same might apply here. The more reviews you get the better chances of ascertaining an agreeable grade amongst the masses as it were.

Cheers!

Tim