• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ms Marvel 1st app

12 posts in this topic

I see wiki and marvel list ms marvels first app as marvel super hero 13. As a collecting standpoint and cgc labeling standpoint, is that issue her first app or is it ms marvel 1? I would like to collect some but not too sure where to start . Thanks

MSH #13 - 1st Carol Danvers

Ms. Marvel #1 - her 1st appearance as Ms. Marvel

Depending on condition you might want to pass on MSH #13...high grade prices are wayyyy up there.

Peace,

Chip

Carol must've been in Junior High in the MSH #13 story . . . lol

Neither of these comics is copper

MSH 13 doesn't acknowledge "first Carol Danvers"

Every slab I have seen mentions nothing about her, contacted CGC about it and they said if you include a request for that notation, they "may" do it. Can't understand why they don't...

Marvel Super-Heroes #13 (which follows up in Captain Marvel #1) is actually a good story. I think this is the second appearance of the Kree Sentry, and great Gene Colan artwork as well.

Various early Captain Marvel issues are relevant for Carol Danver's presence, but surely they are not Copper… lol

It just goes to show how much power the "CGC notation" has on comics value and how there is absolutely no consistency in how these are listed.

Take Scott Lang - Antman II for instance - Avengers 181 is a single panel of Lang fixing up Avengers HQ, but it's somehow the hot book because CGC notes it. And the first appearance of Antman II in MP 47 is somehow given the bewildering notation of "Scott Lang becomes Antman".

Carol Danvers was around for years before Ms Marvel 1, yet her first appearance is not noted, and Ms. Marvel #1 is noted by CGC as "1st Carol Danvers as Ms Marvel".