• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 300 (yeah another one)

10 posts in this topic

I'm nowhere near where I need to be on grading - but I can point out what I see......

front cover

upper left corner - small tear

lower left corner - abraded corner

right edge looks rough

two small spine stress marks

rear cover

one spine stress mark

lower right bottom - scuffing

I would say 8.5 without the right cover edge "roughness" - no idea where that puts things.

and I am NOT a good reference - just want to see how my guess stands up against the experts

9.4 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

The "rough cut" edge on the RHS is a known flaw with this book that does not have an effect on the grade. This book also, in my opinion and from what I have seen lately coming back from CGC is graded rather "loosely", which is why when viewing this copy the main flaw seems to be a loose corner and a few minor spine stresses on an otherwise beautiful copy!

Agreed 9.2. Shame about that bottom left.

As CTA states, that bindery chip should not affect the grade, and as T points out the rough RE is a production defect. It's a slam-dunk 9.4, with a chance at a 9.6.

Nice copy! (thumbs u