• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Golden

19 posts in this topic

Does anybody have Michael Golden's email address? I emailed his art rep but haven't heard back and would rather deal direct too.

Thanks

Lloyd

Patience is a virue, Mr Bailey

If you guys looking for a commission are unaware of why Jeffro put that "Patience is a virtue" you should Google it. I do not think it should be hard to find, it has been awhile so I do not remember where I read about it. For all I know it may have been on these boards. When I read that I knew I would never commission Mr. Golden for anything. If you do decide to go ahead with it, I wish you both the best of luck. I just want to make sure that you guys are aware of what has happened in the past.

Gotta love the auto spell check feature on cellphones, especially when you are writing someones name :censored:. Thanks on the sidenote :)

Hi Lloyd,

I don't know how Michael has been lately with his commissions but that article is from 2007 so take that with a grain of salt. Renee will reply as soon as she can. I am sure they are both quite busy.

But this may make you reconsider why the wait will be well worth it...

He did the following for me over the course of 1 week back in 2011.. and it is glorious!!

MichaelGoldenSketchBackCGC98001.jpg

MichaelGoldenSketchFrontCGC98001.jpg

MichaelGoldenSketchFullWrapCGC98.jpg

If you guys looking for a commission are unaware of why Jeffro put that "Patience is a virtue" you should Google it. I do not think it should be hard to find, it has been awhile so I do not remember where I read about it. For all I know it may have been on these boards. When I read that I knew I would never commission Mr. Golden for anything. If you do decide to go ahead with it, I wish you both the best of luck. I just want to make sure that you guys are aware of what has happened in the past.

We are hearing one side of the story. I would love to hear Golden's and Renee's side to this story?

Hi Lloyd,

I don't know how Michael has been lately with his commissions but that article is from 2007 so take that with a grain of salt. Renee will reply as soon as she can. I am sure they are both quite busy.

But this may make you reconsider why the wait will be well worth it...

He did the following for me over the course of 1 week back in 2011.. and it is glorious!!

MichaelGoldenSketchBackCGC98001.jpg

MichaelGoldenSketchFrontCGC98001.jpg

MichaelGoldenSketchFullWrapCGC98.jpg

Sweet piece

We are hearing one side of the story. I would love to hear Golden's and Renee's side to this story?

Well, he's supposed to be the professional. Even if the client was a pain in the about the 7-month delay, which is likely given the reaction, you don't take 500-something dollars from him and then send him a sketch with a big ole' "up yours" written on it. That's just rubbing monkey feces in the wound. For someone who likes proverbs, he should've heeded the one saying "silence is Golden". :facepalm:

Here is the original thread if anyone want to check it out

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=101752&Number=1810130#Post1810130

If you attend any of the Wizard Worlds, Golden is part of their tour group. I would highly suggest talking to him in person to gauge weather you want to go through with a commission.

My opinion of him is very low given his interaction with people I saw and myself. If the woman with him is his art rep then it goes doubly, she was very put off by having to talk to anyone all three times I have seen him WW.

My first interaction at his table was with her; I asked how much a blank commission was and her reply was "it is to expensive for you" which should have told me everything I needed to know but I went back a year later (same convention) to try again and go the same attitude.