• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BWAHAHAH! Michal Baysplosions Ninja Turtles revealed.

46 posts in this topic

So what are the Turtle supposed to look like if you think they suck so bad?
The turtles have always had a sleek, clean, crisp design. These look cluttered, they are wearing tattered rags and is Donatello wearing an Elvis wig?

I think those might be night vision goggles

Unlike the older toys, they are trying really, really hard to make them look different from each other. Good idea, but bad execution. Also, this movie seems more about selling toys than actually making a good, cool movie that's modern, yet pays homage to the source material. Plus, casting Megan Fox is a major fail. I thought she pissed off Bay with her comments about him after Transformers 2 was shot. What's she doing in this movie anyway? She was never a "star", was already washed up at age 24, and her presence has already messed up another comic book movie- Jonah Hex. Nice eye candy though. ;)

-J.

They look different because the owners, viacom or whomever controls this aspect, want to maximize profitibility for each turtle. I gaurentee you there is a revenue report generated for each turtle and marketing done to maintain the status quo for each.

Alot of conversation with numerous Mirage staff has disclosed the Nickelodeon has big issues with distinguishing the turtles from each other. They want them to look different so they have more marketability...

i love the way Leo looks it reminds me of the CGC movie that came out a few years ago and he was and south america.

I thought that was a great part of that movie and look - but I just don't see it in those toy pics.

I see it more so in the pics you posted though.

i love the way Leo looks it reminds me of the CGC movie that came out a few years ago and he was and south america.

I thought that was a great part of that movie and look - but I just don't see it in those toy pics.

I see it more so in the pics you posted though.

yeah the toy's look to be more kids between 1 & 5 range

Do we have an official Turtles Movie thread or is this it?

Either way, as predicted, this isn't looking good:

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

I know it is early, but who decided to let Michael Bay be involved in this film? I'm very disappointed… but just not surprised… :sorry:

This movie looks horrible. It's amazing that Transformers is still profitable with how bad these movies have been. Now Turtles is getting the magic Bay treatment as well.

Because people are not paying for anything else but to see lifelike robots beat the hell out of each other while humans run about trying to survive the chaos. As long as Bay delivers movies that feature lifelike robots beating the hell out of each other while humans are running about trying to survive the chaos, people will hand over their money.

I have yet to see any of them in the theater but have seen all of them through netflix. They were great background noise as I got my work done because all I really wanted and expected out of them were movies that featured lifelike robots beating the hell out of each other while humans are running about trying to survive the chaos.

The only reason I posted the same part about lifelike robots beating the hell out of each other while humans are running about trying to survive the chaos was to represent the plotline for each of the four films.