• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM# 31 Closed see new thread

17 posts in this topic

Hi

I appreciate everyone thoughts on on what grade my book. I have edited the photo's with a scan hope they are better.

Thanking everyone in advance.

Let's see if this works better:

see pics below

imoksmiley.gif

The images are not the best to be grading from and the colour seems to be off? Do you have access to a scanner? That would be better than photos. This looks like a really nice copy and to try and even guess a grade from the photos provided would be a gross injustice IMHO!

smiley-gen130.gif

Let's see if this works better:

Front

k1fnde.jpg

Back

syb8fr.jpg

Better, but now they are "cropped" (too close to the edges - both top and side of the scanner bed) and if you can provide links to larger scans? That would be the best!smiley-gen130.gif

I'm only putting you through all this trouble because this looks like a high grade book and should be graded with some care (even from a scan!)

What ever happened to the era of attachments. lol. How do I provide links to scans???

When you open up your post in full reply screen, right at the top of the typing area is a row of icons. The first icon is a "link" that allows you to provide a link to a larger scan that is hosted by your provider (photobucket, imgur, etc.)

Depending on what your provider allows you to upload you should be able to provide a link to a decent size scan! Like the link below. Cut and paste your code into the mini-screen and then hit enter. It will go blank and just type in the name of the book like I did below and hit enter again!:

Wildstar #1 Front Cover

What have you got your scanner dpi set at? If you set it at 300 you should get a nice size scan. If you set it at 600 you get a huge image, and any higher is somewhat futile. Also try to move the book away from the edges of the scanner bed so that the book edges are visible. Lastly it is sometimes better to put a different coloured background behind the book to augment the edges.

Hope this is helpful, I know that it is a lot of trial and error but it will be worth the effort believe me!smiley-gen130.gif

Tell me I got the scans right thins time!

I know red on red is no ideal, but all I could find

Note the white, white line you see on the edge is micro chamber paper I put in the book

11lhj43.jpg

28k0q5t.jpg