• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do I Find Out If I Bought A Stolen Book?

118 posts in this topic

Just emailed heritage

Which is going to do what exactly?

They have a team of lawyers and frown on this. You do the math. Send formal criminal complaint to secret service for starters.

I'm guessing the e-mail will just be deleted. (thumbs u

Maybe. But I've often been surprised at the results I get doing something others think is futile.

Seriously though guys Thanks to all for their input. This is a great little community to be a small part of :headbang:

Oh yeah. If this was the NTSB or FBI it would have taken like 3 weeks to do this much....

PS I would have pushed paypal harder-I want the thing canceled now-I can PROVE seller does not possess the thing he sold me....

PS I would have pushed paypal harder-I want the thing canceled now-I can PROVE seller does not possess the thing he sold me....

Yeah. When he doesn't send you tracking information tomorrow and fails to respond to communication file it file it tomorrow.

I'm afraid that I fell for the same SCAM today.

Against all good judgement, I purchased a CGC graded comic off of a seller on ETSY.

I paid using Paypal.

The item was way underpriced and there were red flags everywhere but I fell for it.

I feel sick now, because I'm pretty sure that I've been had.

I was just looking for some artwork. I bought a really nice Batman collage printed on aluminum at the Lexington Con and the artist had a store on there.

When I searched comic book I saw this and lost my brains. I'm a normally pretty trusting type of guy. Expect others to treat me the way I treat others kind of guy.

Well sometimes I get smacked back to reality.

I bought a comic off of ETSY today and used Paypal.

I'm pretty sure that I was scammed.

The seller had no history on ETSY.

The book was WAY underpriced.

What should I do/ What can I do at this point?

Call paypal tell em ya want cancelled. Tell em you discovered actual owner and its not tis guy, and have discovered scammers kicked off ebay are now turning to etsy.

Little update for those interested

Paypal has issued a contested transaction. Seller has 10 days to respond.

At that point the money will be placed back into my account.

I wanted to also let everyone know that the email address that paypal has on hand for the seller is polarpop78190@aol.com

Steer clear of anyone with this email addy

I do want to say that for folks who may not have any experience with etsy, there are ALOT of legitimate sellers on there. My wife buys stuff from there all the time and we have never had an issue at all.

I think it's safe to assume most if not all key issue comic sales on that site are fraudulent as there are better venues to sell such things for top dollar....

didnt read the last four pages of this, but just so people know.

For the last 3 or more years, google has allowed you to drag or upload pictures into the image search. Good way to find identical images from these scams.

If it hasnt been posted already, the guy lifted the pictures from here:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=19101&lotNo=11014

cheers

lol, k, of course in those 4 pages (read now) , others posted already. Still at least my tip is useful, if you think a picture has been lifted, drag it into google, most of the time, you'll find it right away.