• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do I Find Out If I Bought A Stolen Book?

118 posts in this topic

IDK I'm fairly gullible I guess....But its an established site with a return policy. It's not like he sent me his email and I went to paypal and sent the $$... They sent an invoice. So I figured I would take the chance.

Ebay as a return policy too and there's no end to the AF 15 and ASM 1 scams on there.....

We had some correspondence prior to the sell and then one or two emails after....he let me know it would ship tomorrow and he'll send me the tracking info.

I'll keep anyone updated that is interested

We had some correspondence prior to the sell and then one or two emails after....he let me know it would ship tomorrow and he'll send me the tracking info.

Give the sellers ID on etsy. Does he/she have anything else up for sale?

Definitely update every move

That's ok....I didn't want to sleep tonight anyhow. :facepalm:

I'll let y'all know how it plays out. A $475 gamble is worth it to me to possibly knock out one of my grails.....its a risk/reward type thing with me. This risk just happens to be worth the possibilty of this reward. If I'm out the $475...lesson learned the hard headed way.

I was just really concerned I may have purchased something one of the large dealers on here may have had slip off the sales table during a busy afternoon at a large con...

I don't mind being burnt...I mean, don't get me wrong...I mind and $475 is not chicken feed $$ for me But I just want to make sure if it is a legit sale I don't profit from someone elses loss.

CGC should offer a data base of reported stolen cgc numbers to its members hm

No they shouldn't. It's not their responsibility.

It's not my responsibility to help an old lady with her groceries but I do it anyway....

I was just really concerned I may have purchased something one of the large dealers on here may have had slip off the sales table during a busy afternoon at a large con...

I don't mind being burnt...I mean, don't get me wrong...I mind and $475 is not chicken feed $$ for me But I just want to make sure if it is a legit sale I don't profit from someone elses loss.

I doubt it's stolen-he could have sold to comic store for that amount-more likely a scam.

Do you have a picture of the book? If so, post it.

It's a 3.5-just pull up a stock pic.