• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone please explain why this is not ...

37 posts in this topic

I assume it's low enough grade that they just took the minor grade hit rather than go with a green label.
Sigs are treated as a defect on that book. They most likely don't lower the grade based on the other damage. What a cool book.

What they said.

Anyone still want an unwitnessed Ditko sig on their HG AF 15? With a side-order of COA?

This is one of those times I wish I was a millionaire so I could actually give you one to fully flesh out the joke....

This is one of those times I wish I was a millionaire so I could actually give you one to fully flesh out the joke....

lol (thumbs u

Sigs are treated as a defect on that book. They most likely don't lower the grade based on the other damage. What a cool book.

I'd do some very questionable things for that book. That is awesome. :cloud9:

I don't think those signatures are real.

Stan's signature has changed a lot over the years. The Stan Lee signature does look like other signatures of his from two decades ago.

Kirby - perhaps because he was an artist - his signature didn't vary all that much over the years. The Kirby signature I think think looks really suspect. The "J" in Jack lacks the big swope underneath that was a Kirby hallmark.

never saw a kirby sig where the J had a curly Q at the bottom like that-it looks awkward all around...

I think what's most confusing for me is that - when collecting in the 70s, 80s and very early 90s - no one signed on the covers - that was ruining a good book - everyone signed on the bottom of the splash page.

Hmmm...

There’s no hard and fast rule about signature location. Signing on the bottom of the splash was common, but when Stan signed my ASM #8 in ’78, he signed the cover, and dated it too IIRC. I didn't consider it ruined then and still don't.

There’s no hard and fast rule about signature location. Signing on the bottom of the splash was common, but when Stan signed my ASM #8 in ’78, he signed the cover, and dated it too IIRC. I didn't consider it ruined then and still don't.

I wasn't suggesting it ruined the comic, I was suggesting that everyone I knew at that time considered writing on the cover (even a signature) as sacrilege. Sounds like that wasn't the case globally.