• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tales to Astonish # 13 I AM GRADED!!!

12 posts in this topic

3.0 but it COULD get a 2.5 due to all the staining/water damage on BC. Looks better than the grade in a mylar.

I would easily pay 2/3 overstreet 2.5 value for this copy though, a real steal. If you ever regret it a lot of us would gladly take it off your hands! (thumbs u

Nice grade! That's a tough one. I would have been in the 2.0 to 2.5 territory. The front looks like a 3.5 and the back like a 1.5-1.8. Like coins, the obverse will often carry the grade though (thumbs u The cover does have nice eye appeal, even for a 3.0.

Scan is a bit small, but I'd say in the 3.0-3.5 territory.

Nice score!

CGC has a reputation for hammering stains, but I haven't actually noticed this in 5.0 and under books, if anything they can sometimes seem a bit on the easy side. I have a GA book with a visible H2O stain running through the top quarter of the cover ( with some ink pulls) that CGC felt warranted a 3.5. If I'd received it raw, I'd have thought closer to 2.5, maybe 3.0 on its best day.

I would also agree with the comment that the "obverse" frequently carries the grade. I have no problem with this, though I know many do. While defects should not be ignored, wherever they may be, I believe that appearance should play some

role in grading, with eye appeal ( or lack of it) at least influencing a borderline grade up or down.

IMHO CGC nailed the grade. Congratulations again.