• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Bored

38 posts in this topic

It's just too pricey. I picked up the first issue and enjoyed it, but I'll hold out for a TPB of the mini. (After IC I'm done with minis. Eh, maybe I'm done with pamphlets entirely. That could be as good a place to stop as any... "go out on a high note" and all that.)

If we don't support new comics when they really ARE good, and say that we'll just wait for the trade paperback to come out, then there will be no good new comics, and they'll never end up in a TPB because they never got made in the first place.

confused-smiley-013.gif That doesn't change the fact that they're too pricey. I mean, I see your point, but ... confused-smiley-013.gif

Still no New Adventure 26, and nothing exciting is happening.

And despite all the cat-calls and cries of woe, I STILL think that JSA Strange Adventures is the best DC comic for the last twenty years.

None of the other new comics have anything like the style of the comics I grew up on, which made me want to collect comics in the first place.

Reading Green Lantern Rebirth just did my head in. Am I supposed to have a diploma in DC continuity to understand it ???? And I'm the one who collects every DC.

And why do such a fabulous thing as bring back Challengers Of The Unknown, only to have it have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the old team ???

Like I said, I'm bored. And DC ignored their seventieth birthday altogether. And STILL no New Adventure 26.

I have to agree with Ian on Green Lantern: Rebirth. What the hell was that?

Ian, Donut,

What did you guys find confusing about it?

And despite all the cat-calls and cries of woe, I STILL think that JSA Strange Adventures is the best DC comic for the last twenty years.

None of the other new comics have anything like the style of the comics I grew up on, which made me want to collect comics in the first place.

Reading Green Lantern Rebirth just did my head in. Am I supposed to have a diploma in DC continuity to understand it ???? And I'm the one who collects every DC.

And why do such a fabulous thing as bring back Challengers Of The Unknown, only to have it have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the old team ???

Like I said, I'm bored. And DC ignored their seventieth birthday altogether. And STILL no New Adventure 26.

Ian, Donut,

I'm not a big DC reader. Here are the questions I had:

1) Hal Jordan is the Spectre? When did that happen?

2) What, exactly, happened the first time?

3) What's the deal with Guy Gardner?

4) What's the deal with Batman being all uppity?

I'm sure somebody who read DC knew what was going on, but I was just lost.

Ian, Donut,

seinfeld.jpg

5) And what's the deal with circulars? They aren't round, they're square! I don't get it!

Ian, Donut,

seinfeld.jpg

5) And what's the deal with circulars? They aren't round, they're square! I don't get it!

36_1_19.gif

I've never been much of a JSA fan, but I do love the "pulp" covers on the JSA: Strange Adventures series. The interior art did nothing for me, so I figure I'll wait until the series is done and then pick up the run for half cover price on ebay.

Ian, Donut,

At the beginning of 2001.

Ian, Donut,

1. Back around 2001. They even restarted the SPECTRE series at #1 just for Hal. Here's the GL issue where Hal broke the news to Kyle: grin.gif

37139544386.119.gif

2. The first time what? *Hal's* first time? Well, it only lasted 1½ minutes, but c'mon, it was the poor guy's first time.

3. At one time he was an ordinary guy who just happened to have a GL ring. When DC decided that Kyle that Kyle would be the *only* GL from then on, they still wanted Guy to have his own series, so it was discovered that Guy was somehow an alien or something ( yeahok.gif) and he became... Guy Gardner: Warrior! tongue.gif

Before:

38273296144.1.gif

After:

38273296144.41.gif

4. Batman been's kinda pissy on the whole Hal-Jordan-thing, what with him murdering all the GL corps and trying to alter history to his whim. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ian,

The JSA is growing on me, I love the art and use of color, very sharp. Rebirth is on its way and since I have been out of the DC loop for so long will it be impossible for me to grasp? After the Avengers Disassemble let down and the delay of the new Thor series until next summer I am feeling a little bored myself. frown.gif

By the way, are there pence copies of DC's like there are Marvels? Are all of your DC's 'U.S.' DC's?

There are indeed - mostly from the early 1980s. Most of mine are US but if I have the odd pence copy it doeasn't bother me - the comics are identical and they can no more be called variants than the difference between newsstand copies and direct sales copies.

Looking through some issues recently, I noticed a Kirby Jimmy Olsen (139 I think) with a pence cover price. I'd never seen a DC this early before with a pence price. Did DC have a distribution experiment around this time or was this a one-off?

1. Back around 2001. They even restarted the SPECTRE series at #1 just for Hal. Here's the GL issue where Hal broke the news to Kyle: grin.gif

2. The first time what? *Hal's* first time? Well, it only lasted 1½ minutes, but c'mon, it was the poor guy's first time.

3. At one time he was an ordinary guy who just happened to have a GL ring. When DC decided that Kyle that Kyle would be the *only* GL from then on, they still wanted Guy to have his own series, so it was discovered that Guy was somehow an alien or something ( yeahok.gif) and he became... Guy Gardner: Warrior! tongue.gif

4. Batman been's kinda pissy on the whole Hal-Jordan-thing, what with him murdering all the GL corps and trying to alter history to his whim. confused-smiley-013.gif

Green Lantern's Story

I'm enjoying JSA Strange Adventures. Don't know if it's the best DC has done in 20 years, but it's a good read nonetheless.

As for Green Lantern Rebirth, it seems that DC is trying to hit the reset button the long way around.

As for Green Lantern Rebirth, it seems that DC is trying to hit the reset button the long way around.

So why didn't they just do what they did with Doom Patrol ???

Just ignore all the ridiculous and convoluted continuity that's tied itself up in knots and is ruining any good plots, and just go back to basics, like in the early 1960s ???

Crisis On Infinite Earths was the WORST thing to ever happen to DC.

I LOVED Crisis on Earth 1 and Crisis on Earth 2 - that was perfect the way it was.

So why didn't they just do what they did with Doom Patrol ???

Just ignore all the ridiculous and convoluted continuity that's tied itself up in knots and is ruining any good plots, and just go back to basics, like in the early 1960s ???

Crisis On Infinite Earths was the WORST thing to ever happen to DC.

I LOVED Crisis on Earth 1 and Crisis on Earth 2 - that was perfect the way it was.

wtf.gif

Ian, you have made Crazy Sean Connery very, very upset with your blasphemous talk.