• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Invincible"

26 posts in this topic

Is anyone reading this book? I picked up the third trade today and it's pretty damned great! I enjoyed the first two TPBs, but this one really kicked it up a notch!

If you're looking for a hardcore "superhero" book, this is it!

I'll butcher this, so someone else do better, but :

Young man, teenager, trials and tribulations of growing up, cept his father is the world's most prominent super-hero. Kid has no powers. Mother has no powers. Kid's powers eventually kick in, quite humorously. After that its all about a newbie superhero kid who's Dad's been at it for awhile. Picking out a suit, joining a team, father-son tag-team battles. Tons upon tons of really funny stuff added to the book. Its a riot.

Most definitely worth the $30 to pick up the first 4 trades covering 1-12. Can't wait to grab the 3rd trade in about....30 minutes. Woop!

Is anyone reading this book? I picked up the third trade today and it's pretty damned great! I enjoyed the first two TPBs, but this one really kicked it up a notch!

This is the best monthly book out there. No other book even comes close.You think you know what's going to happen, but you don't.

I remember you did a similar post awhile back. A few of us piped up with love. I have a feeling there are many more who have discovered and enjoy the book now.

This is the best monthly book out there. No other book even comes close.You think you know what's going to happen, but you don't.

I remember you did a similar post awhile back. A few of us piped up with love. I have a feeling there are many more who have discovered and enjoy the book now.

foreheadslap.gif I must have written about it the last time I picked up a trade... 27_laughing.gif Perhaps I have posted too much? (Nah, no "perhaps" about it.)

Young man, teenager, trials and tribulations of growing up, cept his father is the world's most prominent super-hero. Kid has no powers. Mother has no powers. Kid's powers eventually kick in, quite humorously. After that its all about a newbie superhero kid who's Dad's been at it for awhile. Picking out a suit, joining a team, father-son tag-team battles. Tons upon tons of really funny stuff added to the book. Its a riot.

Most definitely worth the $30 to pick up the first 4 trades covering 1-12. Can't wait to grab the 3rd trade in about....30 minutes. Woop!

DKB pretty much nails it right here, OG... except for the fact that the third trade (which just came out today) takes an incredibly dark, strange, fairly sick twist! It's a terrific read and a fun spin/angle on the superhero genre.

(You can get all three TPBs for $12.95 apiece, I believe. WELL worth it! I don't know what DKB was talking about with the "4 trades covering 1-12"?)

DKB pretty much nails it right here, OG... except for the fact that the third trade (which just came out today) takes an incredibly dark, strange, fairly sick twist! It's a terrific read and a fun spin/angle on the superhero genre.

(You can get all three TPBs for $12.95 apiece, I believe. WELL worth it! I don't know what DKB was talking about with the "4 trades covering 1-12"?)

I think he just made a typo, I knew what he meant. I'll pick up the first trade tomorrow at the LCS. Thanks for the recommendation. thumbsup2.gif

I think he just made a typo, I knew what he meant. I'll pick up the first trade tomorrow at the LCS. Thanks for the recommendation. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Let us know what you think!

My LCS guy is a big Kirkman fan, puts Kirkman labels under his books, and even has a Kirkman section in the recent releases where he keeps his indie stuff together. Capes (a lot of fun), Tales of the Realm (not so much), Brit (awesome), the licensed property stuff. Invincible is top of the list for monthly reads, though, along with Walking Dead. It's working on a couple levels character-wise and story-wise, and there's a nice twist every few months so you can't be sure how plots will play out.

3 trades indeed. And I haven't read the 3rd TPB, and didn't want to give away the suprise ending at the end of the first one. But I hear its a very "the entire mood of the book shifts" kind of story arc.

Kirkman is an awesome writer and a great guy. I cant get enough of his work on the Walking Dead. I've heard Invincible is just as good too, but havent had a chance to check it out yet.

I got the first TPB today. I'll be reading it this weekend. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ok, I lied. I decided to read the first story in the TPB last night before going to bed..........I ended up reading the entire thing. insane.gif

One of the most entertaining comics I've read in a long long time. Thanks very much for the recommendation MK. I called the LCS and ordered the 2nd and 3rd TPBs this morning.

I got the first TPB today. I'll be reading it this weekend. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ok, I lied. I decided to read the first story in the TPB last night before going to bed..........I ended up reading the entire thing. insane.gif

One of the most entertaining comics I've read in a long long time. Thanks very much for the recommendation MK. I called the LCS and ordered the 2nd and 3rd TPBs this morning.

Woo hoo! yay.gif

OG, if you liked the first one, the next two will blow you away! (And if you like Kirkman's stuff, be sure to check out "The Walking Dead" vol. 1& 2!)

Easily the best most hilarious moment in comics for years in issue 6 (I think, its in TPB #2)...one page, seems to be totally random, until you realize where it came from...and then you laugh...and laugh...and laugh.