• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

Speaking of quality over price...I have begun to buy organic food, which is, as those of you who buy it know, much more expensive, generally, than "regular" food.

But...when you consider the poison that we all ingest on a daily basis, especially in the face of genetic modification, and the fact that the "real" price of unfiddled with food is much higher than what we pay, it begins to look like a bargain.

hm

Organic is so confusing. :sorry:

All I know is the organic stuff looks shriveled up and unappetizing and the people walking around the health food store look like zombies....

I'll take a Big Mac every time....

Big Mac :cloud9:

I have no desire to derail the thread and help those with an agenda keep it off CGC and what they did/failed to do.

Bloody hell, you have a funny way of showing it.

when someone knows I'm wrong, not going to stop posting, ever

No matter what you say about CGC they are selling confidence in the condition of a book vs the wild wild west days when you didn't know what you were getting. Everyone would still prefer a slabbed book to a raw book of the same apparent condition. This is what you are paying for, not perfection of results. That is impossible.

Nope.

No matter what you say about CGC they are selling confidence in the condition of a book vs the wild wild west days when you didn't know what you were getting. Everyone would still prefer a slabbed book to a raw book of the same apparent condition. This is what you are paying for, not perfection of results. That is impossible.

Nope.

Show me the raw book that sells for more than the CGC equivalent. (thumbs u

Things attacked in this thread:

CGC

Kav

SCHMIDT

Organic Food

-add to the list.

Nope.

Weird cause they sure seem to pay a lot more for 'em on ebay!

that was a long time ago, and as I said to another. Make a thread, and I'll be happy to go back and dig it all up. It involves posts, PMs, a mod, another forum, and a bunch of other people.

It has nothing at all to do with what you posted. Which is of course, more untrue things. I did not say what you just tried to imply with those quotes. I never told anyone to meet me anywhere.

You're lying.

that was a long time ago, and as I said to another. Make a thread, and I'll be happy to go back and dig it all up. It involves posts, PMs, a mod, another forum, and a bunch of other people.

It has nothing at all to do with what you posted. Which is of course, more untrue things. I did not say what you just tried to imply with those quotes. I never told anyone to meet me anywhere.

You're lying.

I've told women to meet me but they never do.

Nope.

BA keys like Hulk 181, especially those falling in the range of 6.5 to 8.0, tend to sell stronger raw than their slabbed counterpart. I've seen it with other books, but Hulk 181 particularly and quite consistently. Others would be GS X-Men 1, X-Men 94 and GL 76. I've seen some actually go higher raw than their slabbed value when they presented better than their grade. That blue label 8.0 or lower grade is actually an impediment to achieving your best return, especially after shipping and grading fees eat into your take.

You're lying.

You should pay more. :whistle:

Nope.

BA keys like Hulk 181, especially those falling in the range of 6.5 to 8.0, tend to sell stronger raw than their slabbed counterpart. I've seen it with other books, but Hulk 181 particularly. That blue label 8.0 or lower grade is actually an impediment to achieving your best return, especially after shipping and grading fees eat into your take.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Nope.

BA keys like Hulk 181, especially those falling in the range of 6.5 to 8.0, tend to sell stronger raw than their slabbed counterpart. I've seen it with other books, but Hulk 181 particularly. That blue label 8.0 or lower grade is actually an impediment to achieving your best return, especially after shipping and grading fees eat into your take.

I think we can agree this is an exception to the rule assuming this is correct. How much of a difference and how much is buyer's positive thinking hoping to get a higher grade?

You're lying.

I already pay top dollar. I should stop paying them ahead of time....

You're lying.

I already pay top dollar. I should stop paying them ahead of time....

^^

I just don't understand why people give the cgc board equivalent of Giorgio Tsoukalos the time of day.

I've been over and over this. POST COUNT! :makepoint:

Nope.

Here is what I bolded and was referring to: "Everyone would still prefer a slabbed book to a raw book of the same apparent condition."

Nothing was said about price. I said Nope because I personally would rather have the raw book.

Nope.

Weird cause they sure seem to pay a lot more for 'em on ebay!

Not me. Should I have not included myself in "everyone"?