• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's Doctor Doom...

24 posts in this topic

toby-kebbell.jpg

From Variety...

Fox has zeroed in on Toby Kebbell to play the “Fantastic Four” team’s arch nemesis Victor von Doom, aka Doctor Doom.

This was a role chased by several rising stars, including Jack Huston and Domhnall Gleeson, before Fox targeted the ”Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” thesp.

If a deal makes, Kebbell would join Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Bell in the reboot that plans to shoot this spring.

Based on the comic “The Ultimate Fantastic Four,” the contemporary update will focus on the characters as young men and women. Josh Trank will helm the pic with Simon Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn and Gregory Goodman serving as producers.

“The Fantastic Four” is slated to bow June 19, 2015.

Kebbell, whose long list of strong supporting roles include “War Horse,” “The East” and Legendary’s upcoming adaptation of “Warcraft,” is repped by CAA and Independent Talent Group.

Is that Justin Beiber?

He does not strike me as the ruthless leader of Latveria. He doesn't even look like the ruthless leader of the high school cafeteria.

Looks like he cannot even fight acne!

2l8g379.jpg3509f0k.jpg

Not terrible. Doctor Doom is from Latveria - a fictional country on the Balkan Peninsula near Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.

Kebbel looks like he could be from the Balkan region. I think it could be a good choice. (shrug) And remember - hopefully he'll be behind a mask for much of the movie anyway so it won't really matter.

xo1auu.jpg2vt73bk.jpg

2l8g379.jpg3509f0k.jpg

Not terrible. Doctor Doom is from Latveria - a fictional country on the Balkan Peninsula near Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.

Kebbel looks like he could be from the Balkan region. I think it could be a good choice. (shrug) And remember - hopefully he'll be behind a mask for much of the movie anyway so it won't really matter.

xo1auu.jpg2vt73bk.jpg

those photos are better, looks less like David Blaine

if anyone gave a hoot about the FF relaunch, the vitriol would be flowing like Mt. Vesuvius. the casting from the start has been dreadful. where's Roger Corman when you need him?

I give a hoot, but at 40, I've accepted that I am long removed from being the target audience for most comic movies. I don't buy the toys, merchandising, t-shirts, eraser heads, coffee mugs, nor do I frequent the fast food places with the special tie-in kiddie meals, nor do I tweet or retweet or Like something on social media to increase its exposure. Basically, I may shell out $10 to see it in the theatres or $15 to buy the Blu-Ray, but its not being made with guys like me in mind, and so my vitriol at casting decisions, -script rewrites, continuity mishaps, character reimaginings, etc. is largely unseen, unheard, and uncared about. :(

Is that Justin Beiber?

He does not strike me as the ruthless leader of Latveria. He doesn't even look like the ruthless leader of the high school cafeteria.

Looks like he cannot even fight acne!

Have you seen him stab someone in the jugular repeatedly with a pencil in Rock'n Rolla? He is capable of playing a very nasty bad guy.

I think if they cast Dr. Doom himself to play Dr. Doom some of you would still be bashing the movie.

"Psshh, that guy looks too much like Dr. Doom, they need someone unknown to play the role, This is the worst movie ever made and I haven't even seen it yet."

Man if everyone here got together and cast a movie it would be the best thing ever made; all of the actors would be nothing short of perfect and the movie would gross billions of dollars.

Yeah, there have been some people cast in movies that make me raise my eyebrow, but what is it about this guy that tells you the movie is done before it's even made? Who is the obvious choice for Dr. Doom casting pros?