• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long has it taken to receive your CGC shipment after they mailed it?

26 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm a little worried. I called CGC today and asked about my package. I'm expecting a Modern shipment that they say was mailed on October 26th. A Modern submission of 15 books, mostly 70s/80s stuff. Well, here it is November 18th and still a no-show. No failed delivery attempts and no info when I looked up the Registered # on USPS.com. I realize that in Washington here, I am as far away from CGC as you can get in the continental US, but at 23 days and counting, it doesn't sound right.

I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced a lengthy shipping time after you know CGC has shipped your package off to you. I don't think any of my past shipments took over a week. Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif ----Sid

no info when I looked up the Registered # on USPS.com.

If there's no info when you look up the number then CGC didn't send it, even if they did.

I didn't pick up on that one. You mean they might THINK they sent it? Maybe it got lost in the warehouse or maybe they have my order confused with somebody else's. I believe they should have received my order between August 5th-7th.

I hope the post office didn't lose that dang thing. I know I am gonna have some really high grades in the order. Some really nice Weird War Tales for one thing. frustrated.gif

If there's no info when you look up the number then CGC didn't send it, even if they did.

I didn't pick up on that one. You mean they might THINK they sent it? Maybe it got lost in the warehouse or maybe they have my order confused with somebody else's. I believe they should have received my order between August 5th-7th.

I hope the post office didn't lose that dang thing. I know I am gonna have some really high grades in the order. Some really nice Weird War Tales for one thing. frustrated.gif

Yea, I guess what I'm saying is can CGC prove they sent it? If they can then the PO has "lost" it and you should start pursuing that angle. I'd call CGC first thing in the morning.

Yea, I guess what I'm saying is can CGC prove they sent it? If they can then the PO has "lost" it and you should start pursuing that angle. I'd call CGC first thing in the morning.

2 or 3 days for my shipment.

Once a Registered mail # is in the system, it is in there for a while so if it ain't in there it may never have gotten in there. Definitely worth a call!

Good luck,

Fan4Fan

Call CGC first. If CGC says that they shipped your books they should be able to give you a Registered #. Have CGC check on their end to see if it shows if it was delivered. That package should have been logged in at each stop that it made. If it was mailed and you have the Registered # call your local post office ASAP and let them know. Maybe, it had a bad address or something.

or you might try:

Domestic Package Tracking (800)222-1811

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time

General Information (800)275-8777

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Closed Sundays and Holidays

Wow, if it's lost, a piece of lost Registered Mail is big time trouble for someone at the USPS.

Call CGC first. If CGC says that they shipped your books they should be able to give you a Registered #. Have CGC check on their end to see if it shows if it was delivered. That package should have been logged in at each stop that it made. If it was mailed and you have the Registered # call your local post office ASAP and let them know. Maybe, it had a bad address or something.

or you might try:

Domestic Package Tracking (800)222-1811

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time

General Information (800)275-8777

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Closed Sundays and Holidays

Wow, if it's lost, a piece of lost Registered Mail is big time trouble for someone at the USPS.

Thanks, always good to have a postal worker on the boards. They did say it was mailed and gave me the registered mail #. It says that no information is available. Hmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, yeah I'll be calling CGC again later today for sure. Thanks Postal.

The registered mail number is not a trackable number online. It is possible they did send it. The number is used to locate the item if it has been lost and you have to go through the USPS directly to take action.

Good to know, thanks.

Hi guys. I'm a little worried. I called CGC today and asked about my package. I'm expecting a Modern shipment that they say was mailed on October 26th. A Modern submission of 15 books, mostly 70s/80s stuff. Well, here it is November 18th and still a no-show. No failed delivery attempts and no info when I looked up the Registered # on USPS.com. I realize that in Washington here, I am as far away from CGC as you can get in the continental US, but at 23 days and counting, it doesn't sound right.

I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced a lengthy shipping time after you know CGC has shipped your package off to you. I don't think any of my past shipments took over a week. Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif ----Sid

This happened to me a year ago. I kept calling CGC every couple of days and they kept saying that they had sent the package and to be patient. They said that the package is insured, and they'll file a complaint in a month. They gave me a register number and I checked the USPS web site -- nothing (that site is worthless). I called my post office with the number, and they couldn't locate the package.

I finally called CGC again and started complaining. Then they're mail room person called my post office (I was waiting on the phone for 30 minutes while this took place). What had happened was that the post office had placed the book on the wrong shelf. The mailman had not delivered my package or even given me a notice. All in all, it was the post office's fault.

The last time CGC sent me some books, the mailman had placed the notice in someone else's mail box. I kept calling CGC to find out the shipping date, once I received the register number, I went down to the post office myself. The lady told me that another person had come to claim the package, and had your notice, but she would not give it to him since his ID did not match my name. I would bet you it's a mishap with the post office.

The last time CGC sent me some books, the mailman had placed the notice in someone else's mail box. I kept calling CGC to find out the shipping date, once I received the register number, I went down to the post office myself. The lady told me that another person had come to claim the package, and had your notice, but she would not give it to him since his ID did not match my name. I would bet you it's a mishap with the post office.

That guy should be flogged! sumo.gif

Hmmm, interesting. I should just check my post office to see if it has been sitting there for weeks without me even knowing it. I would think that the PO should inform somebody if a package has been sitting on the shelf a while. Maybe not. I guess I have many places to look. Thanks----Sid

Hmmm, interesting. I should just check my post office to see if it has been sitting there for weeks without me even knowing it. I would think that the PO should inform somebody if a package has been sitting on the shelf a while. Maybe not. I guess I have many places to look. Thanks----Sid
On a related note, I sent dam60 a package and the tracking showed that it entered the US on a certain date and the tracking stopped after that. After a few weeks, Dave just went down to his local post office and found out that the package was there waiting for him but he got no notification. So, that is a definite possibility! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Since the package is heavy, sometimes the mailman leaves it at the post office for you to pick-up. If you don't pick it up they'll send it back to CGC. Several years ago I had ordered two large items from a catalogue. The mailman had left me a notice to pick-up. I went to the post office and they gave me a package for one of the items. I assumed that the other item wasn't shipped yet. Several weeks later, the other package was shipped back to the sender since my notice was already gone. The post office should have given me both packages when I showed them my slip.

I don't want to scare you or anything but sometimes I've received packages months after my order was made. I have no idea where these packages had been sitting since they look really dirty. However, for registered mail, I would expect it to be sitting on their shelf and in good condition. When you go to the post office, tell them the whole story (including how much money it will cost them since the package was insured). They'll tear the place upside down to find your package. Otherwise, they'll look for a couple of seconds and say they don't have it. They did that to me until CGC called them.

Since the package is heavy, sometimes the mailman leaves it at the post office for you to pick-up. If you don't pick it up they'll send it back to CGC. Several years ago I had ordered two large items from a catalogue. The mailman had left me a notice to pick-up. I went to the post office and they gave me a package for one of the items. I assumed that the other item wasn't shipped yet. Several weeks later, the other package was shipped back to the sender since my notice was already gone. The post office should have given me both packages when I showed them my slip.

I don't want to scare you or anything but sometimes I've received packages months after my order was made. I have no idea where these packages had been sitting since they look really dirty. However, for registered mail, I would expect it to be sitting on their shelf and in good condition. When you go to the post office, tell them the whole story (including how much money it will cost them since the package was insured). They'll tear the place upside down to find your package. Otherwise, they'll look for a couple of seconds and say they don't have it. They did that to me until CGC called them.

Thanks, before anything else I'm heading down to the post office after work today. I called the Post Office on the phone, and after going through many different menus I finally reached a person. She told me that with registered mail I cannot get ANY information on the phone and that I had to go file a claim JUST TO LOOK for the damn package. Something about a paper trail. So, if it is just sitting on a shelf there, I'll be happy to get it but I'll definitely give them one of my polite remarks about how incompetant they are. Christo_pull_hair.gif ----Sid