• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long has it taken to receive your CGC shipment after they mailed it?

26 posts in this topic

OK, thanks for the help guys. I should have known, IT WAS NOT CGC's Fault!!!

So, I went down to my local post office ready to fill out some kind of forms to start a search. Well, it was much easier than that. I gave the guy my name and the registered #, he went back to look, and came back about 45 seconds later with my package, safe and sound. confused-smiley-013.gif

Apparently they just simply forgot to leave me a notice, so there it sat, and sat, and sat.

Anyway, here is one of the highlights of my order. And thanks for the tips guys ----Sid

648213-Weird.jpg

648213-Weird.jpg.0dd50c8c1ec51ba81494f1449c1619db.jpg

I love happy endings. NICE book. Were you happy with the other grades?

As usual, yes and no. As I am always trying to be super careful with the books I send in for grading, I end up just going over them very quickly so as not to handle them very much. Problem is that I cannot do my best pre-grade when I rush like that, resulting in some grades that were less than expected.

I did do an experiment though. I cracked two PGA (CGG actually) slabs to get graded by CGC as a comparison. One was a Punisher #1 (monthly series) graded 9.8 by CGG. This came back the same at 9.8 by CGC. THEN, the shocker, I had an X-Men #162 at CGG 9.2 which I thought was way UNDERgraded. CGC graded it at 9.6 which I thought appropriate in this case.

Overall, some 8.0s up to 9.8s. I thought they'd all be 9.0 and up and I blame this on my very brief pre-grading. I need to take a longer time to sniff out these books before sending them in but I'm just so paranoid about harming them. I mean geez, breath on a book the wrong way and you lose 0.2 just like that. foreheadslap.gif ----Sid