• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LUCY

43 posts in this topic

Reading up on it, it's by Luc Besson (The Fifth Element, Leon). :applause:

Yeah, I think this one's a no-brainer. Hurry up August. :popcorn:

Looking forward to this myself. And yeah, this seems to have been come up with by Besson.

("seems to have been come up with" is not my best phrasing, I think.)

They should call it Limitless 2.

This is exactly what came to mind when I was watching. Takes a different angle but a similar premise. I enjoyed that one and I believe I will enjoy this one too.

Any opinions or comments on directors doing their own original comic book-ish offerings. :wishluck:

If they can do it well, more power to them! It can be refreshing to not know the backgrounds, origins etc. when you go to such a movie. Sometimes inaccuracies in a known character's history make for all manner of internet angst, even if the movie itself is good. With a movie like LUCY the only provenance we have is what came out of the writer.

Then again, I anticipate internet angst anyway as people see similarities (real or imagined) to existing comics.

Is "Lucy" from a comic? Or are directors starting to write their own? Pretty wild trailer, getting real close to Dr. Manhattan godlike territory. :o:popcorn:

Or godesss, in Scarlett's case. :)

Then scene around 2:15 is very interesting and to my mind has some deeper indications. Previous dialogue suggests her potential for separation from this reality. In that scene it looks like she is perceiving the world the way we perceive a smart phone or tablet, and using hand gestures to shift time. Most intriguing.