• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bags for CGC cases

29 posts in this topic

Hope I'm posting in the right area? I'm obsessive about keeping my CGC cases pristine. My CGC slabs are just as clean as the day they arrived, scratch free. I've been using magazine size comic bags for my CGC cases. I know they make CGC size comic bags but I haven't been able to find them. I'd appreciate any help finding an online source for CGC size bags. Thanks. :)

Contact Hotflips. He's a member here. I would recommend Mylite2 legal size.

+1

Hotflips indeed.

P.M. me your address and I'll throw a few in the mail so you can see what they look like.

The problem with the mylar bags is that they're too large to fit in a CGC box. Hotflips clear CGC bags don't have that problem :thumbsup:

Well, I have about 20 full CGC boxes that they fit in just fine.... Hotflips may be a fine choice, but they are not the only choice.

IMG_20140405_150520_364_zps7f3c97c3.jpg

The problem with the mylar bags is that they're too large to fit in a CGC box. Hotflips clear CGC bags don't have that problem :thumbsup:

Well, I have about 20 full CGC boxes that they fit in just fine.... Hotflips may be a fine choice, but they are not the only choice.

Never said they were the only choice - even though Hotflips also sells the E Gerber 914M2's that are in the ebay listing above.

The 914M2s, however, are 9" wide and a standard CGC box has an interior width of 8 3/4". So, whilst you can squeeze them in there, I wouldn't say that the fit is fine.

Are you sure yours aren't the Bill Cole Arklites 2s which are 8 9/16" wide?

Never said they were the only choice - even though Hotflips also sells the E Gerber 914M2's that are in the ebay listing above.

The 914M2s, however, are 9" wide and a standard CGC box has an interior width of 8 3/4". So, whilst you can squeeze them in there, I wouldn't say that the fit is fine.

Are you sure yours aren't the Bill Cole Arklites 2s which are 8 9/16" wide?

Yes, I am sure about what I have ordered, and then reordered, and am getting ready to order again. Clearly, they are not too large. As far as 'how' they fit, I am sticking with 'fine'. You can, of course, describe them any way you like, but 'too large' is not correct.

This is great stuff. Thanks bud.

Also, how many graded comics do you have? Just curious.

18 boxes with 28 to 33 per box, depending on the thickness of the CGC case, and a few boxes that are not yet full. So, maybe 500?

I placed an order on hotflips.com for a bag of Mylites2. They seem to be the best suited for my needs. I must say I'm a bit surprised after placing the order I didn't receive any kind of confirmation email and there's no way on the site to check the status of a current order.

I placed an order on hotflips.com for a bag of Mylites2. They seem to be the best suited for my needs. I must say I'm a bit surprised after placing the order I didn't receive any kind of confirmation email and there's no way on the site to check the status of a current order.

When did you place the order?

IMG_20140405_150520_364_zps7f3c97c3.jpg

Good gracious...you have many many books. I can only imagine what you have in all those boxes!?