• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little nervous regarding an ebay sale

16 posts in this topic

This question is for all of the more experienced Ebay sellers. I had a Marvel Zombies statue listed on ebay, and someone purchased it today. However, the winner of the auction has 0 feedback and the account was created just yesterday. I thought I had the filter turned on to not have 0 feedback folks able to bid, but apparently i didnt. What pitfalls should I be concerned with in this situation, if any? Thanks

You're probably fine. Everyone has to start somewhere on eBay and maybe he really wanted Marvel Zombies enough to create an account.

I think the eBay filter is only if people have -1 Feedback or worse but could be wrong...

As long as he pays with Paypal, you have some protection, and it's not like you're selling $100's of dollars of books.

I know how some people might feel a little nervous about it, but everybody starts at 0. He might've not had an account, found your Marvel statue, and created one just so he could purchase it.

As long as he pays, I wouldn't be too worried. Make sure you insure it and package it very well. I'm not sure if there is another option because he can leave negative if you refuse to sell, right? Or just send him a message and tell him your concerns. He might understand and both of you can agree to not follow through with the sale.

Thanks guys. I am probably just being paranoid. Nevertheless, I recorded video if the item, my packaging of it, and will take a picture of my postal carrier picking it up just to be safe!!

That won't help.

Ensure you get signature if the item is more than the paypal requirements ($350 I think). Also ensure they are a verified address via paypal. Ensure your packing is done well. Get it to them asap to limit the handling of the statue via courier.

Thanks guys. I am probably just being paranoid. Nevertheless, I recorded video if the item, my packaging of it, and will take a picture of my postal carrier picking it up just to be safe!!

That won't help.

Ensure you get signature if the item is more than the paypal requirements ($350 I think). Also ensure they are a verified address via paypal. Ensure your packing is done well. Get it to them asap to limit the handling of the statue via courier.

I agree with the signature. Whenever I sell items, if it's over $100, I always pay the extra $2 for signature confirmation.

The PP threshold for signature confirmation is $250 and if you print labels w/ PP it finally defaults to try and automatically add that so you have to manually remove it if for some odd reason you want to be a cheapskate and leave yourself open to be scammed.

I've sold to plenty of 0-feedbackers, even in other countries, and while it does make me nervous, once they pay I've rarely had a problem.

What everyone else said... Paypal confirmed address, plus whatever tracking is needed for seller protection for the item's dollar amount.

This question is for all of the more experienced Ebay sellers. I had a Marvel Zombies statue listed on ebay, and someone purchased it today. However, the winner of the auction has 0 feedback and the account was created just yesterday. I thought I had the filter turned on to not have 0 feedback folks able to bid, but apparently i didnt. What pitfalls should I be concerned with in this situation, if any? Thanks

Have you tried here ?

You're probably fine. Everyone has to start somewhere on eBay and maybe he really wanted Marvel Zombies enough to create an account.

I think the eBay filter is only if people have -1 Feedback or worse but could be wrong...

As long as he pays with Paypal, you have some protection, and it's not like you're selling $100's of dollars of books.

+1

If it's a really high dollar amount I may be paranoid but you should be fine. Just cover your bases when shipping. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Have you tried here ?

(thumbs u

Just like everyone else has said, make sure you follow PayPal's requirements and you should be fine.

Best is to make sure you print the label through eBay, as this will make sure you get paid as soon as USPS delivers. If over $250, add signature confirmation.

I would also communicate with the buyer now, just let home know you are shipping, and that feedback is appreciated as soon as possible. Welcome him to the 'Bay and invite him to check out other auctions you might have.

Maybe he's one of those buyers that pays, and seller withholds FB.....

I already gave him good feedback and I did send him a message this morning thanking him for the purchase and telling him it would be shipped this morning. He just bought the item overnight as I was sleeping and USPS has already picked up the package, so there shouldn't be any complaints on the handling time! Thanks again for the input everyone.