• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests April 2014

369 posts in this topic

Here is the Set Expansion Thread... A NEW ONE!!! Things were getting clustered and a little confusing in the other thread.

Please CLEARLY state: The set the book(s) are being requested to and the complete title of the book. The more information you give me, the quicker it gets added!!! The titles that CGC give on the labels are preferred. If you include certification number(s) even better... but not necessary.

Here is an example to follow:

Set: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Book Requested: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #4 Nicole Variant Cover

Any extra information is helpful (Year, Date, Certification number ect.)

If a book is being requested and there is a "Discussion/disagreement" with the removal or addition, then start a new thread and help notify me of the agreement/outcome (hopefully there is one: ). Titling the new thread of the discussion is also helpful.

Thanks everyone! As for all the previous requests in the old thread I am still working on and hopefully will get those all added by the end of the week.

Thanks!

PS- Don't forget I can not add books until they have shipped from our system. . . and have hit the census!

I am carrying over a conversation from the other thread regarding Wolverine 102.5 (wizard authentic variant).

I agree with Tooch81, Wizard authentic comics should not be removed from the registry. Information on the Wizard authentic comics is hard to find but here are a few reasons why these books should be removed. If my Thinking is out of line please let me know.

One reason is the only true wizard authentic edition should be a qualified green label and I don’t think someone should have to buy a green label book to complete a set. A Wizard authentic issue was only sold as an autographed comic and a hologram seal was put on the front cover. With CGC not being present during the signing then the best it can grade out as is qualified. Second if it was sent out with the seal and not signed then it would still be a qualified issue.

From looking at the Wizard authentic comics listed in the registry that have pictures, I feel have been mislabeled

Just my two cents :)

Please start a NEW THREAD with the title of the issue and carry on the conversation/discussion there. I will keep an eye on that discussion/thread. It will make it a lot easier for me to distinguish and find a result of addition/removal of comics.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hello Nicole,

Would you be able the correct wolverine issues 11, 11 (variant) and 12 from the Wolverine complete set. Right now they have the year as 2014 and it should have the year 2013. The release date for these book was 2014 but they are part of the wolverine 2013 series.

Also could you add Wolverine issue 13 (2013) to the wolverine complete set.

I know I'm nit-picking...but thank you

Matt

Hey Nicole,

Can you please add to the Millar & McNiven's Nemesis set issue #2 Second Printing?

This will complete out the whole set.

Also, thank you for making a new and concise thread.

Hello Nicole,

can you please add the following books to these Registry Sets:

Bone# 13 1/2 Gold Edition (Cert#1133735015) to the Registry titled - Wizard 1/2 Issues

X-Men #25 Gold Edition (Cert#0970951001) to the Registry titled - X-Men: Fatal Attractions

Thank you for your help in adding the Superman and Batman Trades as requested earlier.

Waylon

Ladies,

Please add the following books to the Neal Adams - DC and Marvel Covers set:

Superman in the Seventies nn

Batman Odyssey nn

Batman Illustrated 3

Deadman 2 (2012)

Avengers: Kree/Skrull War nn

Miracleman 1 Wizard World Portland sketch

Miracleman 2 Wizard World New Orleans sketch

Thanks!

Hello Nicole,

can you add the following books to the Registry Titled Purgatori (1996-2002):

Purgatori: The Hunted Ashcan #nn Premium Edition CGC Cert# 1000590014

Purgatori vs. Lady Death Ashcan #1 Platinum Edition CGC Cert# 1000590011

Can you also add the following book to the Registry titled Bad Kitty:

Bad Kitty Ashcan #nn Platinum Edition CGC Cert# 1000590013

Thank you for your time and support.

Waylon

Originally Posted By: nmp

Originally Posted By: supa-bad-mofo

Originally Posted By: nmp

Originally Posted By: supa-bad-mofo

How about adding price variants to the Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos set? (thumbs u

These are currently in there, but not separate. I will leave this post up here for a week to see if others agree if they should be separate. Please remind me if you don't see any changes/discussions.

:bump: ing this up! This set isn't uber popular so, discussion was,well, non-existent. I would like to see the price variants included in the set as seperate entries and assigned considerably more points that their regularly priced counterparts. They are hard to come by! (thumbs u

I will add this to the Next Set to be created. I am can not promise point changes, but will look into it when the set is being created.

So, will it remain within the Sgt. Fury and HHC set or be a stand alone set? I would rather see it within the SF&HHC set. For example, you would see #134 and then below it would be a spot for #134 $.30 Price Variant. As far as the points go, a #134 will go for about $100 CGC 9.6 while I've seen the variants priced at $350 CGC 9.4. Considering this, I believe the points should be higher!

Ok! I'm pulling this conversation in from the old set expansion request thread. I can see that there have been changes, adding the variants to the Sgt. Fury and HHC set. But, it is still messed up. There are books missing of some issues. Also, (and I may have just been assuming) but it doesn't look like we will have the option to add both a regular priced book and a variant book. It looks like the variant option was just added to the existing regularly priced book, so you still have to pick one or the other. If it is possible, I would like to see the variant like it is in many of the more modern sets that include a ton of variant covers and printings. I'd like it to look like this in the registry:

Slot Description---------------------------------------------------------------Cert#-----Grade---Score

Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 133-------------------012949xxxx---8.5-------7

Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 133 $.30 Variant-012946xxxx---8.5------90

Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 134-------------------012281xxxx---9.4------30

Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 134 $.30 Variant-012281xxxx---5.5------40

This is likely not the proper forum for a point value discussion, but it looks like the points remain the same on the variant covers. They are dreadfully underscored in the registry and sell for 3 to 5 times the value of their regularly priced counterparts.

Hi Ladies,

Sets: Walking dead (2003), Walking dead (complete)

Books Requested: WD 122, WD 123, WD 124, WD 1 ECCC, WD 1 AZCC

Thanks

WD 1 ECCC and AZCC only belong in the complete with variants set but Not the Walking Dead (2003) set.

It appears the Walking Dead 2003 set needs to be cleaned up a little since some variants have been added.