• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests April 2014

369 posts in this topic

Hi Nicole,

Re: Detective Comics (2011) set.

Please would you add Detective Comics #27 (regular cover) and Detective Comics #27 Jason Fabok Variant?

Thank you.

BW

Set: Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Request: Remove The Death of Superman Platinum Edition.

Reason: This is a TPB, this set would be better focusing on the individual issues, and there are quite enough of them as it is in this set. Also, if we have this particular TPB, then we would have to include the regular version of the Death of Superman TPB to go with the platinum edition.

I respectfully disagree with this request. The TPB reprints several issues that are already in the set. Some of these individual issues have many reprints already included in that comic's slot. It is a reprint of a reprint. I do not see how this is different than any of the other books in this set with later printings or collector's editions.

I would like you to expand on the comment 'Also, if we have this particular TPB, then we would have to include the regular version of the Death of Superman TPB to go with the platinum edition'. This comment is true for all the other books with more than one printing - what difference do you see between the TPB and the others that are in the set?

One of the things I enjoy about collecting this set is how many printings there are for many of the issues. It is a fun challenge hunting down high grade copies of these and, in my opinion, adds to the overall set by being extremely complete.

Reason: This is a TPB, this set would be better focusing on the individual issues, and there are quite enough of them as it is in this set. Also, if we have this particular TPB, then we would have to include the regular version of the Death of Superman TPB to go with the platinum edition.

I respectfully disagree with this request. The TPB reprints several issues that are already in the set. Some of these individual issues have many reprints already included in that comic's slot. It is a reprint of a reprint. I do not see how this is different than any of the other books in this set with later printings or collector's editions.

I would like you to expand on the comment 'Also, if we have this particular TPB, then we would have to include the regular version of the Death of Superman TPB to go with the platinum edition'. This comment is true for all the other books with more than one printing - what difference do you see between the TPB and the others that are in the set?

One of the things I enjoy about collecting this set is how many printings there are for many of the issues. It is a fun challenge hunting down high grade copies of these and, in my opinion, adds to the overall set by being extremely complete.

It is true that this set does have many reprints, it is also true the TPB is a reprint of a reprint. The difference that I see between this and the other issues in this set is format. The TPS is a collection of individual comic books, printed after the fact. Yes, reprints of individual issues are also printed after the fact, due to sales of prior printings, and a TPB is also a result of previously published issues selling well. The Death of Superman is a TPB still in print, 20 years later. So, expanding on the comment I made about having to include the regular version of this TPB with the platinum edition, if we include the regular printing, then this leads to the multiple printings of the TPB being included. If we have multiple prints for the TPB included, then there is the question of if we should include the millennium edition of Superman #75, a reprint done several years later, and/or including Superman: The Man of Steel #19 reprint edition for an action figure pack by DC Direct in 2005, or the Newstime promotional done around initial release of the comic storyline.

Also going on the format difference on the TPB versus the individual comic issues, the TPB does not contain ads or letter columns like the individual issues. The TPBs are also distributed differently and are sometimes available when single comic issues are not distributed. I see including the TPB along the same lines as wanting to include the omnibus edition in this set, books/graphic novels if you will, versus single issue comic magazines.

With a set like this, I believe there has to be a stopping point, including TPBs and their accompanying multiple printings, promotional reprints done years later for this storyline are not necessary. I also think that including reprints of reprints in this set would be like including EC Archives Editions in registry sets for Tales from the Crypt and other EC runs, or DC Archive Editions in sets in various DC sets.

The following comics are missing from "Avengers Volume 3". Can you please add them?

Avengers v3 #1 Sunburst Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #2 Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #12 Dynamic Forces Edition

Avengers v3 #12 Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #16 Variant Cover

And this one:

Title Avengers

Issue No. 0

Issue Date 1999

Year 1999

Publisher Marvel-Wizard Pub.

The only one I see missing here is number 0 . . .

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=372

They should have separate entries, like for issue 77 in this set, or like the variants in this sets:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=755

Can we please have the variants have their own separate slots in this set?

:bump: on this request

This is going to be added to the Next Set List. It is going to take time to re-create this set.

Any update on this?

Nicole,

Please take a look at the point values in the Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Master) set. I added several books today which are showing a "0" point value.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds 1 Photo Cover Variant 0204865030 9.6 0

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Lost and Found nn 0200292014 9.8 0

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Lost and Found nn Photo Variant Cover 0200292013 9.6 0

Added a "Red Foil" Edition as well, but the system did not accept it.

Also, am going over to the "New Set Requests" thread to ask for BTVS Season 10 set to be created. Once created. would like it added to the "BTVS (Master) set, please!

regards

A

SET: Superman(Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Please add: Superman: Man of Steel 19 Mattel Reprint (2005). These are quite rare, so I would think they'd carry a higher point value. There are only five in the census, at the very end of the Superman: Man of Steel category. Here's mine:

$_57.JPG

It is true that this set does have many reprints, it is also true the TPB is a reprint of a reprint. The difference that I see between this and the other issues in this set is format. The TPS is a collection of individual comic books, printed after the fact. Yes, reprints of individual issues are also printed after the fact, due to sales of prior printings, and a TPB is also a result of previously published issues selling well. The Death of Superman is a TPB still in print, 20 years later. So, expanding on the comment I made about having to include the regular version of this TPB with the platinum edition, if we include the regular printing, then this leads to the multiple printings of the TPB being included. If we have multiple prints for the TPB included, then there is the question of if we should include the millennium edition of Superman #75, a reprint done several years later, and/or including Superman: The Man of Steel #19 reprint edition for an action figure pack by DC Direct in 2005, or the Newstime promotional done around initial release of the comic storyline.

Also going on the format difference on the TPB versus the individual comic issues, the TPB does not contain ads or letter columns like the individual issues. The TPBs are also distributed differently and are sometimes available when single comic issues are not distributed. I see including the TPB along the same lines as wanting to include the omnibus edition in this set, books/graphic novels if you will, versus single issue comic magazines.

With a set like this, I believe there has to be a stopping point, including TPBs and their accompanying multiple printings, promotional reprints done years later for this storyline are not necessary. I also think that including reprints of reprints in this set would be like including EC Archives Editions in registry sets for Tales from the Crypt and other EC runs, or DC Archive Editions in sets in various DC sets.

The platinum edition of the trade was only recently added to the set. I argued against it earlier in this thread, but conceded that if reprints are in, then this trade could also be in. Other sets have trades as well. As to the point about including reprints of trades, those are not numbered and set apart as are the reprints of, say, Superman 75. The millennium edition and the Mattel reprint (which I just requested be added to the set) absolutely do, I believe, belong in the set, being single issue reprints exactly along the lines of all the other reprints already in the set.

Whereas I can agree that the trades ought not to be included due to format, these others have to be, or else all the reprints and collector's editions would have to be expunged.

Here's my solution: Create a "clean" Death of Superman set: first printings only. I'd love to see that. Call the existing set the "Master set" or some such thing denoting it's catch-all make-up.

That's my take, thanks.

As I mentioned before and in part the reason for my rudeness in my first response was that I had consumed a few beverages before posting. I learned not to post in the public domain when doing so. In my confused state of mind I was thinking the Mirage graphic novels were inclusive of things produced for Palladium and others and not the first series reprinted collections. Therefore I don't actually agree that the Mirage books should be discounted from the set, in fact, as you point out, they are more related to the set by virtue of the publisher than those of First Comics GN. As such I contend they they all should be added to the set. :hi:

East of West

Please add issues

TPB #1

Thanks!

Thank you for entering 8-10, but the TBP slot is still missing.

Title

East of West Trade Paperback

Issue No. 1

Issue Date 9/13

Year 2013

Publisher Image Comics

East of West

Please add issues

TPB #1

Thanks!

Title

Issue No. 1

Issue Date 9/13

Year 2013

Publisher Image Comics

I am waiting to add it to make sure there is no objections. There has been a lot of discussions on TPB in sets, so I will add it in a few days if there are no objections.

East of West

Please add issues

TPB #1

Thanks!

Title

Issue No. 1

Issue Date 9/13

Year 2013

Publisher Image Comics

I am waiting to add it to make sure there is no objections. There has been a lot of discussions on TPB in sets, so I will add it in a few days if there are no objections.

If you add the TPB slot please make it non-competitive.

Nicole

Please combine Image First Chew 1 and Image First Chew 1 2012. This will be reprinted numerous times and this allows anyone with any copy to participate.

Thanks

Jeff

East of West

Please add issues

TPB #1

Thanks!

Title

Issue No. 1

Issue Date 9/13

Year 2013

Publisher Image Comics

My vote is to keep it in a competitive slot, and have a separate, non-variant Registry set.

East of West

Please add issues

TPB #1

Thanks!

Title

Issue No. 1

Issue Date 9/13

Year 2013

Publisher Image Comics

I second this suggestion.