• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests April 2014

369 posts in this topic

Looking to add to Deadpool Complete:

#27 (2013) Brooks variant

#25.NOW (2013) variant edition

Annual #1 (2014)

Annual #2 (2014)

Deadpool Kills Deadpool

#1 variant

#1 convention edition

Deadpool The Gauntlet

#1-7

Deadpool Vs Carnage

#1-4

Thanks!

Gemma,

Can you add to the Thief of Thieves registry set the following issues?

Thief of Thieves: Help Me 2

&

Thief of Thieves: Venice 3

Thank you!!! :)

Ryan

Bump for my original request from 9/30/14 :)

Shouldn't those be added in non-competitive slots seeing that they're trade paperbacks?

Gemma,

Can you add to the Thief of Thieves registry set the following issues?

Thief of Thieves: Help Me 2

&

Thief of Thieves: Venice 3

Thank you!!! :)

Ryan

Bump for my original request from 9/30/14 :)

Shouldn't those be added in non-competitive slots seeing that they're trade paperbacks?

I think it depends on who cares about that particular set or not. There's one in the set that has always been there and it gets points so I would imagine the other two would as well. Do you have a registered ToT set?

Set: All-Star Superman

Request: please remove from the All-Star Superman set the following:

All-Star Superman nn AND All-Star Superman nn Third Printing.

These are trade paperback compilations of some of the issues, and shouldn't be in the comics set.

Thank you!

When you get a chance could you please add the following to the Notti & Nyce Set.

Notti & Nyce v2 #4 2014 Contraband Comics Kotkin ""Naughty"" AP Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #4 2014 Contraband Comics Kotkin ""Nice"" AP Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #4 2014 Contraband Comics Kotkin ""Naughty"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #4 2014 Contraband Comics Kotkin ""Nice"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #4 2014 Contraband Comics Basaldua ""Nice"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #4 2014 Contraband Comics Basaldua ""Naughty"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #4 2014 Contraband Comics Basaldua ""Chase"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Mychaels Convention ""Naughty"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Stinsman Convention ""Naughty"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Garza Convention ""Naughty"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Convention ""Chase"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Mychaels Convention ""Nice"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Stinsman Convention ""Nice"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Garza Convention ""Nice"" Edition

Notti & Nyce Bikini Special nn 2014 Counterpoint Convention ""Chase"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #3 2014 Counterpoint Kotkin ""Naughty"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #3 2014 Counterpoint Kotkin ""Nice"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #3 2014 Counterpoint Tyndall ""Naughty"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #3 2014 Counterpoint Tyndall ""Chase"" Edition

Notti & Nyce v2 #3 2014 Counterpoint Tyndall ""Nice"" Edition

Thank you!

• Administrator
Hi Gemma:

Could you please add Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #34 Retailer Incentive to the IDW Set and Wolverine Origins II Set to be expanded. I have had my books back for several weeks and they have not been added. Please Add them.

Thanks

Allysin

Can I have the certification number for the Retailer Incentive? I don't show any graded copies labeled with this specific variant.

The Wolverine Origins II set is on the upcoming list of sets to be created.

• Administrator

These are trade paperback compilations of some of the issues, and shouldn't be in the comics set.

Thank you!

I can make them non-competitive so they don't affect the totals or scores, but since it was requested to have them added at some point I don't think it would be fair to remove them completely. Would this work for you? Does anyone object?

• Administrator
Hi

Have some small set expansion requests to these sets:

1. Batgirl (2011) set

Batgirl #31 (variant cover)

2. Batman One-Shots set:

a) Detective Comics Special Replica Edition #359 (1997)

b) Detective #27 Special Edition #nn (2014)

3. Daredevil (Miller First run) set:

Daredevil Chronicles #nn (2/82)

(This features a Frank Miller drawn Daredevil wraparound cover)

4. X-Men One-Shots set:

X-Men Chronicles #1 (7/81)

Thanks!

I don't agree that the Daredevil Chronicles #nn (FantaCo) belongs in the Daredevil Miller First Run set as it is a magazine and does not contain a story, but rather contains interviews and a checklist of issues. I'd happily add it to a Daredevil One-Shots set if someone wants to come up with a list, but I would prefer not to dilute the Miller set with this addition at this time.

The rest of the books have been added to their respective sets.

Since they are not comics, I'd rather have them removed, but I can live with zeroing them out and listing them as non-competitive (it just means that 35 out of 36 sets will never have a complete set, since there's only one set with these trades).

Maybe at some point we can come up with some kind of policy about trade paperbacks being in comic sets. Separate sets for them (for example, "Superman Trades") is one possibility.

Thank you!

I can make them non-competitive so they don't affect the totals or scores, but since it was requested to have them added at some point I don't think it would be fair to remove them completely. Would this work for you? Does anyone object?

• Administrator

If they are non-competitive they do not affect the completeness of the set either. I will make them non-competitive barring any further argument, but if any of the other users feel that they should be removed as well please ask them to post here in support of that decision.

OK, thanks.

If they are non-competitive they do not affect the completeness of the set either. I will make them non-competitive barring any further argument, but if any of the other users feel that they should be removed as well please ask them to post here in support of that decision.

I am against this - trade paperbacks should be competitive in this set as they are in other sets.

In another thread JMoses had this to say regarding trades in the registry (I do not know how to quote part of a thread so I will cut and paste):

‘I have a single TPB in all of my sets: CGC put up the set recently (History of the DC Universe -- someone requested it) with *three* slots for what I knew to be a two-issue prestige-format mini: a slot for #1, for #2, and to my surprise a slot for something called #nn, which I found later was for the Trade combining one and two. I eventually bought a copy off eBay for a fair price (graded 9.8 with beautiful Alex Ross cover art), and listed it in the set. To date, I have the only set under this title -- not even whoever initially requested the set has a set in it. Are you and 18 other guys now telling me I have to get rid of it? When CGC says I can list it? By what right?

I don't feel I can deny people the right to list their graded comics, even if they are trades and I don't necessarily see them AS comics myself. That's really all I'm saying. Adding to the registry and having a say in its shape is all well and good, and as it should be. But removing items in other people's sets is I think out of bounds. That's my primary thought on this. I certainly would not like to see my one and only graded tpb booted against my will.

Again, I reiterate that I initially voted against having trades in the Registry, but then I thought "who am I to deny the people who had these trades graded and slabbed access to the Registry run by the very company that graded and slabbed them in the first place"?

In the final analysis, I came to the conclusion that we do not have the right or authority to exclude them. ‘

I would ask JMoses the same questions asked above - what right does JMoses' one vote have to decide for all in the set what belongs in that set?

You're correct, I did say that some time ago, but I have long since changed my mind on this topic (and you should notice that even then I didn't really think of trades as comics).

A comic and a trade paperback compilation are fundamentally different things. Trade paperbacks, in the final analysis, simply are not comics, they are bound collections of comics. How is a trade paperback compilation that you can buy anytime brand new from Amazon or Barnes & Noble, a collectible in the same sense that a comic, printed years ago and now out of print, is?

The comics are the comics, and the trades are collections of those comics. Two different animals.

I do not object to anyone collecting the collections. What I object to (admittedly after initially supporting it) is putting these apples in competition with oranges, so to speak.

I think the present solution is a fair and rather elegant one: the compilations stay in the set as non-competitive slots -- part of your set but not in competition with the actual comics in other sets.

I have argued that separate sets should be made for these trades; that way, they can compete with other sets of trades. I don't see a problem with creating sets such as "Superman Trade Paperbacks" or Spider-Man Trades" or something to that effect.

Yes, you found an argument I once made taking a different position. I was wrong then, and allowing trade compilations to masquerade as comics is wrong now. Separate sets OR non-competitive slots seems the best compromise on this to me.

BTW, if someone wants to argue that the trade in my History of the DC Universe set should be made non-competitive, I would not oppose that. It would cost me a few points, but the principle is I think the correct one. And, I would still get to showcase it.

I will add this in response to your last question: It was only one vote (request) that put the trades in the set in the first place. So conversely, your question could also be asked of that person.

Hello!

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures currently runs issues 1-72. When possible, please amend it so that it looks something like this:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1 MINISERIES

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #2 MINISERIES

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #3 MINISERIES

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #2

etc...

Unfortunately, the labels of the books do not say as much however the big difference is that the first 1-3 miniseries are all from 1988 (label does day that) and the next 1- 3 onwards start from 1989. The art, stories, etc. Are all different but the labels title them the same. For instance, the MINISERIES #2 and later #2 both are simply called " Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #2" but they do have different years at least. So presumably right now I could put either/or in the #2 slot but not both. Here's an example:

The miniseries #2

_11_zpse79fbc78.jpg

The regular #2

2194562_zps34948224.jpg

Being earlier and more limited, id also score the first 3 books higher. Thanks!

Thanks Gemma-

Just a note on the Daredevil Chronicles-

Frank Miller's wraparound cover was included in Miller and Janson's Daredevil Omnibus Hardcover, and it was drawn during the era of his run on the series.

However, as you mentioned, it does not contain a story.

I actually requested a Fantaco Chronicles set already, which this one is a part of...

Thanks!

Hi

Have some small set expansion requests to these sets:

1. Batgirl (2011) set

Batgirl #31 (variant cover)

2. Batman One-Shots set:

a) Detective Comics Special Replica Edition #359 (1997)

b) Detective #27 Special Edition #nn (2014)

3. Daredevil (Miller First run) set:

Daredevil Chronicles #nn (2/82)

(This features a Frank Miller drawn Daredevil wraparound cover)

4. X-Men One-Shots set:

X-Men Chronicles #1 (7/81)

Thanks!

I don't agree that the Daredevil Chronicles #nn (FantaCo) belongs in the Daredevil Miller First Run set as it is a magazine and does not contain a story, but rather contains interviews and a checklist of issues. I'd happily add it to a Daredevil One-Shots set if someone wants to come up with a list, but I would prefer not to dilute the Miller set with this addition at this time.

The rest of the books have been added to their respective sets.

Hi Gemma,

Thank you for adding Harley Quinn (2014) to the registry. Please would you add the following issues to the set:

#0 Director's Cut (August 2014)

#9 Selfie Variant Cover (October 2014)

Thank you.

BW