• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want this so much

24 posts in this topic

Showing my true geekiness, I loved the Kroft Land of the Lost show growing up in the 70s. Ridicule away :acclaim:

Imagine this propped on a dummy model in your living room :cloud9:

Trivia - Bill Laimbeer, ex-Detroit Pistons center, played a Sleestak in a few episodes, while he was in high school.

Always wondered why there was no Land of the Lost comic book based on the series. Kroft had some comics made from their shows but not this one (at least not that I am aware of).

Among other prop/screen used items in this auction, I noticed this

sl.jpg

http://www.icollector.com/LAND-OF-THE-LOST-SCREEN-USED-HERO-SLEESTAK-SUIT-W-MASK-ALL-MATCHING-14-FIRST-EVER-OFFERED-TO-PUBLIC_i19302573?t=ME&td=2014.04.09&r=401218

I am a huge fan of the show. Used to go to the fan website years ago , used to have current photos of the cast and interviews with them. This show was a front runner to the Mythologys shows after it like XFiles and Lost etc. You had the whole back story, the Pylons, Crystals, Time Travel and other dimensions. Then came the horrible comedy movie.

The movie was fine, actually. Super-fans are just a bit... "touched."

Its not that super fans are "Touched". the show was a serious show and they made thge movie a comedy spoof. Almost making fun of the show. Would be like if they took the Xfiles , Lost , 24 or any popular Drama show and made a comedy movie .Andrew Dice Clay as Jack Bauer. Zach Galifianakis .as Jack Shepard , Chris Rock as Fox Mulder.

I am also of the opinion that the movie was horrible. Whether I enjoyed the original series or not, the LotL movie was utter , and while Hollywood tried to make it a comedy-spoof, it wasn't even funny, IMHO.

-slym

I had such a crush on Holly when I was a kid and that show was on... I wonder what she looks like now?

-slym

Yeah I had some major Pakuni for her too. Not me in the pic or my pic but found this one from a 2007 con on the web. There are others but didn't find one that dated like this.

211_1158-1.jpg