• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Books that Overstreet Needs to Break Out of Their Runs

29 posts in this topic

I wonder how frequently Overstreet has reversed itself on breaking out a book. Seems an odd decision. If they're going to do that, I wish they'd correct some of the breakout comments they've had for years - like Wanted #22 containing extreme violence - it doesn't, or All-Famous Police Cases #8 having a marijuana story ( I couldn't find it - not even in the text piece).

As long as I'm complaining - why did they stop listing Help! magazine? - sure it's not technically a comic book, but neither are Mad Magazine, Cracked or Sick.

Of course they should also list undergrounds, Heavy Metal, Millar publications like Drag Cartoons, and alot more giveaways than they do, but I won't hold my breath.

I wonder how frequently Overstreet has reversed itself on breaking out a book. Seems an odd decision. If they're going to do that, I wish they'd correct some of the breakout comments they've had for years - like Wanted #22 containing extreme violence - it doesn't, or All-Famous Police Cases #8 having a marijuana story ( I couldn't find it - not even in the text piece).

As long as I'm complaining - why did they stop listing Help! magazine? - sure it's not technically a comic book, but neither are Mad Magazine, Cracked or Sick.

Of course they should also list undergrounds, Heavy Metal, Millar publications like Drag Cartoons, and alot more giveaways than they do, but I won't hold my breath.

But if they listed those, they wouldn't have room for the Big Little Books!

I hear in the next edition they're going drop all DC comics and list automotive repair manuals instead.

There's a buy it now True Life Secrets on eBay for $125 in VF/NM. Only 3x guide of $38. I asked the seller if he could come down to something more reasonable. He offered to come down to $115.

Thanks, but I'm patient and I'll keep looking.

For you experts out there, what would be a reasonable price on that book? It's not broken out in OS, and it does have a classic cover...

I don't see this as being a 3X guide book. I think Flying Donut picked up his copy in the last year, so he might know what a fair price is - i was lucky enough to pick up a high grade copy 3 or 4 years ago from a seller who had five copies listed on Ebay simultaneously. It cost me $9. Even if, as I suspect, there was a small warehouse find of these - the great cover should keep it's value at at least guide.

I don't see this as being a 3X guide book. I think Flying Donut picked up his copy in the last year, so he might know what a fair price is - i was lucky enough to pick up a high grade copy 3 or 4 years ago from a seller who had five copies listed on Ebay simultaneously. It cost me $9. Even if, as I suspect, there was a small warehouse find of these - the great cover should keep it's value at at least guide.

And thanks to you guys, I'm not going to be this seller's sucker. flowerred.gif

If anyone has a copy for sale in fine or better, let me know.

That one's being sold by Goldenage Auctions, yeah? I'm surprised they won't come down a little more...they're usually pretty good price-wise. I bought a pedigreed f/vf of Shock Suspenstories #12 from them that was a real beauty! cloud9.gif

I was surprised also. I checked their other books on eBay and everything else seemed to be priced at or about OS.