• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Fist #1

16 posts in this topic

Great scans! As long as everyone takes into consideration that the large scans definitely emphasize the flaws and the uglier they are they more emphasis it seems to draw. Having said all that the spine does show some wear and the corners have damage as well. Still a really nice copy!

8.0 IMHO!

Hmm, not an 8.0 in my book either. Top outside corner looks like a small fold or crease. Top spine corner does not look square. Spine looks to have scuffing and color loss all the way down. Bottom spine corner looks to have some creases and lines possibly from impact. More color loss and wear across the bottom edge and that outside corner is soft and fuzzy, not square.

strong 7.0 for me.

shelf wear some spine issues. soft corners

on the back lower left corner looks like cb fold maybe one wrap maybe two?

Back cover top right area looks like a lite water stain bigger then a quarter near the staple area.

Funny how you try and make an assumption that the flaws are exaggerated because of the size of the scans but then you still over look some.

Upon further review there is a CB crease above Iron Man's right elbow as well as some general wear in the same area that I missed on the initial inspection. A small edge tear in the same general area that I didn't really account for first time around. I still believe that the TRHC is just turned down and that the overspray from the distributor code is just making it look ugly.

The spine and bottom edge on the front cover is worn more than I think an 8.0 would allow after re-inspection. The BLHC is more damaged too than I previously had realized.

I think DR.X is bang on and his assessment and his grade of 7.0 is far more realistic than the 8.0 I had initial thought! Enough of you have also expressed your opinions along the same lines and I must agree with you (ROBTOTHEC, DavidTheDavid, tjanse, comicshark, bighairjer, SuperiorSpiderMan) (thumbs u

I therefore concede to the pressures of the masses!

7.0 IMHO!

Funny how you try and make an assumption that the flaws are exaggerated because of the size of the scans but then you still over look some.

Upon further review there is a CB crease above Iron Man's right elbow as well as some general wear in the same area that I missed on the initial inspection. A small edge tear in the same general area that I didn't really account for first time around. I still believe that the TRHC is just turned down and that the overspray from the distributor code is just making it look ugly.

The spine and bottom edge on the front cover is worn more than I think an 8.0 would allow after re-inspection. The BLHC is more damaged too than I previously had realized.

I think DR.X is bang on and his assessment and his grade of 7.0 is far more realistic than the 8.0 I had initial thought! Enough of you have also expressed your opinions along the same lines and I must agree with you (ROBTOTHEC, DavidTheDavid, tjanse, comicshark, bighairjer, SuperiorSpiderMan) (thumbs u

I therefore concede to the pressures of the masses!

7.0 IMHO!

Yu da man, Tim!

You help make my job a lot easier. (thumbs u