• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April Comic Link - Thoughts?

10 posts in this topic

I know the focused auction is small potatoes and does not have the spectator fun of the bigger auctions, but what do people think of this Clink cycle? I was hoping to see some discussion but since the auction starts tomorrow and I didn't see any I figured why not start some. And since I do not want to be accused of subterfuge, let it be known I consigned some pieces.

It's a pretty lackluster assortment with no "gotta have it" consensus grail caliber pieces.

The last auction was pretty awesome, you'd think they'd spread the wealth and sprinkle a few good pieces here, but I speculate there's maybe going to be firesale snipers (usually resellers) looking for some bargains but no bidding wars vying for any one piece.

Yeah, the focused is unlikely to have any WOW pieces but there is nice stuff in there nonetheless.

A few lowercase wow pieces in the May featured but that is another thread.

They don't seem to be done yet either, so that is cool.

Okay, tonight is the night to get yourself some new art. If you are broke or just swimming in the small pool this one is for you! I have 13 items in this auction, and I cannot make my art dreams come true without your money. That's right, my consignment is only at about 2/3rds the $$$ I was hoping for, so there are only 7 hours or so left to get in on the action and help improve my monetary situation. I mean, honestly now, is there a reason, a real reason, that you are not taking my desire to get your money for my art as seriously as you should? Let's get with (my) program here people. Time's a wastin'!

good for you. I did okay, a little less than expected but generally okay. Getting jobbed on two sucks, I think I sold one piece for $11 so I know the feeling. But I don't have to ship a thing nor deal with chargebacks, so it is all good in the end. I also did the "pass on offers then watch it sell for less than that" thing with my Batman Grendel page. Oh well. Live and make that mistake again I always say.

I got crushed!

I think i totaled like $50 for my 2 lots.. someone got some cool art on the ultra cheap!

I'll never consign with Clink again w/o a reserve. between this and the March auction I don't even want to tally up my losses.

I know I could have done much better on Ebay selling myself. Lesson learned.