• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL SUPER HEROES 13 & Journey Into Mystery 7 from 1953

30 posts in this topic

2 books today. :takeit: gets it. PM offers always considered. Free shipping on both. Paypal/Check/MO no problems.

MSH 13 FINE-. Nice surface of cover, $50, (SOLD)

cape1.jpgcape1a.jpgcape1b.jpg

Journey into Mystery 7. Obviously has the small piece out of top corner, otherwise strong, cover is glossy and flat with great eye appeal. WHITE pages. Stapes securely connected. VG I would say. $200/offer (SOLD VIA PM)

cape2b.jpgcape2a.jpgcape2.jpgcape2c.jpg

So Frank, can I ask what your involvement is with your brother? Are you saying that you and he have not done any business in the past 8 years with each other?

Tough call Tony. Is not someone who is aware of a wrongdoing and does nothing about it, just as guilty as the perp?

It has been said that for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing.

No, they are not just as guilty. The "victim" claims to have a contract. Lawyer up. Do something about it besides dumping on the perps family years later.

Is this a sales forum, or philosophy class? Doesn't a philosophy class belong in the Water Cooler forum?

What this is - is thread crapping. Clearly against the forum rules.

Tough call Tony. Is not someone who is aware of a wrongdoing and does nothing about it, just as guilty as the perp?

It has been said that for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing.

No, they are not just as guilty. The "victim" claims to have a contract. Lawyer up. Do something about it besides dumping on the perps family years later.

Is this a sales forum, or philosophy class? Doesn't a philosophy class belong in the Water Cooler forum?

My bad. I was just responding to your post and I thought this thread was closed since both books have sold.

My bad. I though this thread was closed since both books have sold.

Or maybe my bad. I thought threads weren't closed until they either said closed OR you could no longer post.

I mean no offense to you.

I know of the incident that Adam spoke about as do others.

I am simply asking if the OP was involved with his brother at that time or not. It's a very simple question and not one that is out of place.

Considering Adam's reputation and the amount of fraud on the internet, I figured it was a fair question to ask.

A good fraud artist will 'salt the mine' (look that up if you don't know what I mean) and have a few good deals before taking somebody on a big one. Not saying that is what the OP is doing but when a prominent and popular board member like filter81 posts something along the lines of what he posted, should someone making good on a $200 purchase make all that go away with the snap of a finger?

Many large scams have occurred on this forum with seemingly honest sellers taking board members for $1000's.

Thread creping this is not and you should know me better than that.

Wow, I can't believe I have to defend this but here goes: That collection and incident adam is talking about is a gentleman in upstate NY. He had a nice collection of 1950s comics. SEVERAL people from Flea Markets to comc shops knew of the collection. The guy was hard to deal with and his phone number was passed from dealer to dealer because no one could work a deal with the gentleman. My Brother received his phone # from another dealer and gave it his best shot and actually bought some books from the man. Adam actually ended up with those books with me! and sold them rt here on this forum board! My Brother tried to purchase more and the guy didn't want to sell so my Brother, as SEVERAL ppl did before him, gave the number to the next guy. Well at some point his # ended up in the wrong hands and the guy got robbed. The guy who did it was procecuted and is in jail, thankfully. So if my Brother is guilty of anything, it is giving a phone to the wrong person just like about 6 ppl did before him. What happened was a shame but had nothing to do with my Brother and he was never arrested in any way shape or form from this. As a matter of fact, the old guy told the police the next day when the crime was reported, that the only person personally dealt with was my Brother and said he was honest and had no ill feelings about him. Adam and my Brother had a string of deals they were doing together, large $$ deals, all intertwined. Me? I wasn't a part of any of those deals. I sold Adam a spiderman run and and was my only other dealing with Adam. Adam is angry, rightfully so in his head. My Brother is also angry and his side of the story with Adam is VASTLY different. So please guys, leave ME alone about this.. Thanks.

I know of the incident that Adam spoke about as do others.

I am simply asking if the OP was involved with his brother at that time or not. It's a very simple question and not one that is out of place.

Considering Adam's reputation and the amount of fraud on the internet, I figured it was a fair question to ask.

A good fraud artist will 'salt the mine' (look that up if you don't know what I mean) and have a few good deals before taking somebody on a big one. Not saying that is what the OP is doing but when a prominent and popular board member like filter81 posts something along the lines of what he posted, should someone making good on a $200 purchase make all that go away with the snap of a finger?

Many large scams have occurred on this forum with seemingly honest sellers taking board members for $1000's.

Thread creping this is not and you should know me better than that.

Filter81 specifically says his deal was with Frank's brother. He distances himself from making any direct accusations towards Frank It is creating doubt by association. I don't know what the laws are like in NY, but here in Indiana putting assets in your wife's name would not make you judgement proof. Might make it harder, but not impossible.

I'm familiar with salting the mine. Been a number of prominent eBay scams with that. And sometimes good sellers for decades get a divorce, or a drug addiction, or problems with the law. And then go bad. I think we've seen that right here, recently. Ultimately, you either are willing to risk a mail order/internet sale or you only do in person.

My personal opinion is that it's unreasonable to cast doubts on Franks sales threads based on his brother's actions from 7-8 years ago. And I'm reporting my transaction went fine ($600+ btw). And I had initial doubts, what with the signing up on April Fools day, F Palma easily interpreted to be a joke on :facepalm: , and the fact that the book is quite uncommon.

All that said, I do respect you and Filter's long and excellent reputations on these boards. I apologize for any offense given. I know I "come on to strongly" far too often. So I think I'll just bow out for time here. Others have purchased from him, let them post up good or bad.

And Tony, I greatly appreciate your kind words and I agree with you. This forum board is about selling comics. if anyone at all has any questions about my integrity or wether or not I am a straight shooter, send me a PM or talk to any others I have dealt with, I will be honest with ya about any questions you have!