• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping to Canada - What's Best?

44 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys. Sorry, Canada, looks like my books are staying south.

to bad this is your decision.

It isn't all that difficult. Just always use USPS, and always get tracking/ insurance. If your buyer is happy to pay for it, it shouldn't matter. Just be clear in your sales listings that you do ship to Canada, but that you will be declaring full value and tracking and insurance. As a buyer from Canada I have no problem paying those costs.

This

+ 1

If your selling here, please at least consider shipping to Canadian board members. :wishluck: Canadian EBay buyers can suck it :grin:

And why do those dang Canadian quarters keep popping up? Try doing your laundry with one of those in the mix eh.

Thanks all. I've only shipped using global ship on eBay, so it was seamless for me as a seller, but was more concerned with trying to quote shipping for sales on these boards. Didn't want to take a hit by quoting too low and didn't want to come off like a jackwad by quoting some outrageous number. Ill probably just say ship is exact cost for cross border. Again, many thanks.

Then your selling yourself short of customers. I have customers in Canada that buy from me all the time. I keep the orders under two pounds and it kicks in a different rate so its not so hard on they're pockets.

The other thing I do ( and I'm speaking for myself ) is hold books for customers until its worth shipping, when the orders large enough. I know they're good for the dough so its no big deal to me.

I've sold Dave ( Humantorch ) a ton of stuff and we always work something out on the shipping.

Thanks all. I've only shipped using global ship on eBay, so it was seamless for me as a seller, but was more concerned with trying to quote shipping for sales on these boards. Didn't want to take a hit by quoting too low and didn't want to come off like a jackwad by quoting some outrageous number. Ill probably just say ship is exact cost for cross border. Again, many thanks.

I sell to Canadians on here all the time, but I avoid it on eBay (unless it's a boarder) because they just make it more difficult with the feedback systerm.

I've had no problems here. You can use first class priority online from the USPS site for cheaper books.

The only problem is the weight limit, it only goes to 4lbs, so does a Flat rate envelope.

For more expensive books, I do Priority Express as it's the only way I can send it with a signature and my insurance requires a signature over $250.

If someone is willing to pay, I don't mind at all. The forms are easy to fill out on the USPS site, just remember that when they are asking about weight, what you put in is the weight per item, and it needs to add up to the total.

I always quote what I think is a reasonable amount with a little extra when shipping over seas.

I put in listing if I quoted more for shipping than cost I will refund the extra...

to bad this is your decision.

It isn't all that difficult. Just always use USPS, and always get tracking/ insurance. If your buyer is happy to pay for it, it shouldn't matter. Just be clear in your sales listings that you do ship to Canada, but that you will be declaring full value and tracking and insurance. As a buyer from Canada I have no problem paying those costs.

It's not that difficult. I have both received and sent many, many comic and other packages to Canada with nary a problem. There are certain places I will never again send to based on previous experience, Brazil and the Phillipines being two examples. However, no issues whatsoever (other than the whole Bieber thing) with Canada.

However, no issues whatsoever (other than the whole Bieber thing) with Canada.
Well, there's Nickelback, too.

:sick:

Fortunately for all of us, Neil Young balances that scale, and then some...!

I buy stuff all the time from the US, and of course I know that shipping is longer and more expensive. I just factor that into the price of the item to make sure it's worth it.

As other posters have said, if the buyer up here is willing to pay the shipping costs including tracking/insurance, then there really is no reason not to do it. And ONLY USPS!!

Yeah, but he and Rush only get you so far. Very hard to balance against the likes of Loverboy, Sum 41, Simple Plan, ...

Only kidding, guys.

Fortunately for all of us, Neil Young Rush and Triumph balance that scale, and then some...!

Yeah, but he and Rush only get you so far. Very hard to balance against the likes of Loverboy, Sum 41, Simple Plan, ...

Only kidding, guys.

Loverboy has some 80s nostalgia appeal.

Some

Very little? (shrug)

Okay, not at all. Nevermind

As others have said, please leave the door open for Canadian buyers. Use USPS, and just state that shipping costs will be your actual costs.

And we shared with you 'Muricans William Shatner, James Doohan, Michael J Fox, Dan Akroyd, Leslie Neilson, Martin Short, Dave Thomas, Pamela Anderson, Sarah Polley....

Good point :facepalm:

When will The USA Apologize for Rebecca Black?

Good point :facepalm:

When will The USA Apologize for Rebecca Black?

Who?

Then your selling yourself short of customers. I have customers in Canada that buy from me all the time.

Fully half my sales go to Canadian customers.