• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Wow Comicfest 2014 - May 17-18,

29 posts in this topic

As someone who's gone year after year, it's more than a big whoop, it's one of MY FAVORITE SHOWS OF THE YEAR. If you like comic art, you will LOVE this show. There are international artists who do very few US appearances but will do this show. Given the absence of WonderCon in the Bay Area, this show has gotten bigger and better much faster than expected. This year alone on top of their normal fans like Adam Hughes, Frank Cho and the like, they've got Charlie Adlard, his first US appearance in 7 months after the huge All out War storyline AND a hot season 4 of the show, plus a rare appearance by artist John Cassaday, plus more artists I'm not even thinking of.

If you can go, you should come to this show. All I ask... Don't bid against me in the art auction. :)

Naysayers can stay home, more deals for me!

As someone who's gone year after year, it's more than a big whoop, it's one of MY FAVORITE SHOWS OF THE YEAR. If you like comic art, you will LOVE this show. There are international artists who do very few US appearances but will do this show. Given the absence of WonderCon in the Bay Area, this show has gotten bigger and better much faster than expected. This year alone on top of their normal fans like Adam Hughes, Frank Cho and the like, they've got Charlie Adlard, his first US appearance in 7 months after the huge All out War storyline AND a hot season 4 of the show, plus a rare appearance by artist John Cassaday, plus more artists I'm not even thinking of.

If you can go, you should come to this show. All I ask... Don't bid against me in the art auction. :)

Sounds ideal...I'd like to get a sketch cover done. Would this con be ideal for that? Any word on if Cgc will be there? How's the selection of comics, toys etc....

Sounds ideal...I'd like to get a sketch cover done. Would this con be ideal for that? Any word on if Cgc will be there? How's the selection of comics, toys etc....

CGC will have a booth at the show. I called them this week and confirmed. Too bad they don't take reholder submissions. doh!

CGC is there, sketch covers do get done there, some artists like Adam Hughes only do quick sketches for the first hour of the day, some may not sketch but other artists are sketching all weekend. I think the shopping is pretty good. A number of Bay Area stores get booths so there's comics toys and comic merchandise. I can't afford a lot of high grade Silver and Golden Age but there is good representation of old books. There's great shopping for underground books from the 60s and 70s. A lot of my money goes to art but I also buy comics at this show too.

I set up at this show to sell stuff off once a year. It's the only show I do, as I'm a buyer every other day of the year.

I have an extra badge, and need someone to give me an hour break twice a day.

If anyone is interested in working 2 hours a day for a free badge, let me know.

Thanks.

Tim

CGC is there, sketch covers do get done there, some artists like Adam Hughes only do quick sketches for the first hour of the day, some may not sketch but other artists are sketching all weekend. I think the shopping is pretty good. A number of Bay Area stores get booths so there's comics toys and comic merchandise. I can't afford a lot of high grade Silver and Golden Age but there is good representation of old books. There's great shopping for underground books from the 60s and 70s. A lot of my money goes to art but I also buy comics at this show too.

What do sketches usually cost? I know it's up to the owner and what not. I'm mainly going to be looking for GA caps if anything but thanks for the insight.

Anyone know of any facilitators, boardies or otherwise, taking submissions for this?

the guy above your post if he's going.

I am going but I wasn't planning on taking submissions. I know starpc is taking subs, check his thread in the Signature Series Event Announcements room on these boards. I like to shop at this show and get art for myself. :)

plus a rare appearance by artist John Cassaday

Joel, Where'd you read the part about Cassaday?

When last year's show ended, they announced their starting lineup for 2014 which included Adlard, Bradshaw, Cassaday and someone else. Come to think of it, I haven't heard anything new about Cassaday since then, so maybe something changed... Hmm, sorry to bring up his name if he's not coming.

I'm in booth 215 across from Torpedo Comics. Not a lot of other vintage comics on our side of the hall, so I hope to see everyone at least once. Tim can drop by on his one hour break. :)

If anyone has any requests, let me know. I'm only able to bring about 1/4 of my gold/silver/bronze.