• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kids & Comic Books!

88 posts in this topic

WTTB!

It's generally accepted wisdom around these parts that getting more kids to read comic books is indeed a very good thing for the art form and the hobby. How to do that, on the other hand, seems to be the tricky part...

well we have to start introducing it to them at a young age. That is one of the goals with my company. There are hundreds of kids out there that are wasting their creativity. I blame the parents, how can you waste 180.00 on a pair of shows but can't buy 3.00 on a comic book that is made for children.

well we have to start introducing it to them at a young age. That is one of the goals with my company. There are hundreds of kids out there that are wasting their creativity. I blame the parents, how can you waste 180.00 on a pair of shows but can't buy 3.00 on a comic book that is made for children.

I couldn't agree more. I actually look forward to the day that I have kids, so that I can read comic books to them (in hopes that they will get into themselves),... and take them to Disneyland :)

Hey lol be as honest as it takes, this was my first time writing an article so I am still learning. I'm a big boy lol!

Just so you know i enjoyed the article i just feel it needs a little work to make it a better read. Keep at it.

WTTB = Welcome to the boards

Welcome to the boards.

It's too bad parents don't realize just how inexpensive it is to buy a big bunch of comics from the 70s (low to mid grade) or the 80s up as back issues. I can fully understand why they'd be put off by seeing a $3.99 comic that isn't very accessible to new readers or young readers. But they can get 100 "used" comics for $50 or $80 and keep the child busy all summer.