• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shutter #1 from Image Comics

28 posts in this topic

I was totally against purchasing this book when it was previewed at Image Expo and everything I'd seen did not change my mind. Read it digitally and I gotta say, it has potential. The artwork was one of my key issues in the previews but after looking at the entire issue, it actually works. The second issue was Joe Keatinge. I haven't read ANYTHING good by Joe Keatinge. That being said, I say try it. Problem for numbers; 4 covers. This is my favorite.

Thoughts?

1895666.jpg

Was disappointed that it only had 18 story pages and then some extras at the back to compensate. Didn't care for the extra's and missing about 25% of the story pages of most books I read(that get a full 24) I felt it ended abruptly. I was lukewarm to start and while the writing was fine, and the art pretty good apart for a few faces looking unintentionally hilarious but the fact that it felt so short means I won't be coming back to it when I don't have much money. The adventuring story just didn't grab me enough to want to continue for $3 at 18 pages of story and some random shorts and a pin up in the back.

I wouldn't be THAT harsh on it, but there's certainly a bit too much disconnect for me. I like the idea that adventurers allowed the discovery of fantastical beings to be integrated into society, but the chase scene was too confusing,

with no idea who the attackers are and who's coming to help

. Shutter is so busy that I feel it'll be prone to discontinuity.