• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Never-ending Debate! Marvel vs Dc!

80 posts in this topic

And if you're in the group that thinks Batman movies are worse than GL they're a nothing, a non-entity.

Some thank 'Blade' for motivating Marvel to get deep into superhero movies. But it was 'Batman (1989)' that showed both companies they were sitting on a goldmine. It was more successful even than 'Superman' and had people buying Batman products (comics, mugs, costumes, etc.) that had never touched them before. Warner's big mistake is it then assumed any comic book-based movie would be profitable, as long as it had big-name stars and costumes (strong -script - not necessary).

LpJprK5.png

Jack Nicholson, I learned recently, was encouraged to take the role of The Joker, though Robin Williams was already locked in. The studio knew if they had Nicholson locked in, the bar for this movie will have raised tremendously compared to Williams. A deal was finally cut where Nicholson was given a revenue share of movie profits if he was to participate.

Nicholson's profit cut?

$60 MM/$109 MM if adjusted for inflation

SUPERHERO SALARIES: WHO'S THE HIGHEST PAID COMIC BOOK ACTOR IN HOLLYWOOD?

Warner executives should all be brought back in and slapped for the wasted effort they have contributed leading to the challenges DC products have experienced over the years. Only the Batman trilogy and Man of Steel can be considered recent successes.

Oh Lordy, we're talking about comix, not masterpieces of literature, and then we're talking about the interpretation of comix by smarm-masters and butt bandits in hollyweird. Say it ain't so Joe.

Is this really necessary? (shrug)

Is anything in Comics General necessary :insane:

Based upon current situations, and not accounting for the past;

Movies: Marvel

Comics: DC

Animated: DC

TV: draw (Shield and Arrow for now; streaming video contest 2014-2015)

Forgot two.

Forgot two.

In my opinion Arrow is so far ahead of Shield it's not even a contest. Thats why I didnt list TV as I don't even consider Marvel having a horse in the race.

Forgot two.

In my opinion Arrow is so far ahead of Shield it's not even a contest. Thats why I didnt list TV as I don't even consider Marvel having a horse in the race.

I was just being fair, as SHIELD seems to have improved over time. I gave up after five episodes.

Well, I think Marvel is doing pretty good. Like most of the Marvel movies, at least the first time I watch them, but besides Batman, don't like any DC movies.

Though DC has the better TV shows. Arrow is fun and my wife enjoys it. And Brave and the Bold and Teen Titans Go are fun to watch with my daughter. Saw the first episode of AGENTS and didn't care for it. Might try to catch up sometime to see if it is good.

I don't read much Marvel anymore. I just can't find anything interesting with either the artwork or story. I stopped about 5+ years ago.

With DC I still get about 5 titles a month.

I'm not very happy with either, but DC's Forever Evil story is about the best thing there is right now with the big 2.

On the movie side Marvel is clearly the stronger of the two, at least right now.