• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The John Wise Collection

105 posts in this topic

The MMC#2 CGC 8.0 is a great book but an 8.0? Heavy tanning/dust shadow, chip in the middle of the spine, worn corners?

Indeed. Bidding will be reflective of these flaws.

No.

Can you maybe be more precise with your response lol

The reinforcement and CT along the (mid-) spine seems obvious as well as the two filled in chips at the BC top/bottom spine. But apart from that the book is the book I guess. Any guesstimates on pre-restoe grade / FMV?

No.

The reinforcement and CT along the (mid-) spine seems obvious as well as the two filled in chips at the BC top/bottom spine. But apart from that the book is the book I guess. Any guesstimates on pre-restoe grade / FMV?

:taptaptap:

No.

:popcorn:

No.

:popcorn:

Hmm ... didnt know this book was Taboo. Sorry. Just forget my questions.

from a tax perspective i always thought for a collection of this magnitude it would be better to push it out piecewise over the course of a couple of years rather than all at one time which for better or worse sends off a red flag.

i'm not suggesting evading taxes, but i'm not one to give more to the government than they are due.

from a tax perspective i always thought for a collection of this magnitude it would be better to push it out piecewise over the course of a couple of years rather than all at one time which for better or worse sends off a red flag.

i'm not suggesting evading taxes, but i'm not one to give more to the government than they are due.

at John's income level, doesn't matter whether all at once, or pieced out....his tax bracket will be the same (thumbs u

What do you mean "sends off a red flag"? If you sell at a profit, you have to pay taxes on the profit -- no red flags needed. Or it is tax evasion.

Long time collector from the San Diego area. Nice guy with some great books.

Actually he is from Paducah KY. He only recently moved to San Diego.

He still has his Paducah house and goes home a few months each year. I think he told me He's been in sd almost 10 years now on a slightly more than part time basis. He's got a nice condo by the convention center across from the pacific.

Long time collector from the San Diego area. Nice guy with some great books.

Actually he is from Paducah KY. He only recently moved to San Diego.

He still has his Paducah house and goes home a few months each year. I think he told me He's been in sd almost 10 years now on a slightly more than part time basis. He's got a nice condo by the convention center across from the pacific.

He still has children and grandchildren here, so he's here a lot. He actually bought a home there for a while, sold it, came back and moved out again.

John told me one of the reasons he's selling is he is wanting to buy a house on Coronado island. Nice return on his collection