• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7 Page Preview! PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS

18 posts in this topic

This is from my own personal comic The Nomen. Which is set in an alternate universe and it marks the end of Ascendant Comics, when all our heroes have basically become evil. It starts with issue 99# and will go from the beginning to the end. Please give honest feedback and ratings. if you would like to see more etc.

The Nomen

Art is fairly crude on this one. Main function of dialogue is developing the characters-we see none of that here.

Avoid the simple 'bad guys kill/good guys try to stop them' plots. Also, a death means nothing unless it's someone the reader cares about. Develop a character, then kill them. Way to develop a character is to show (don't tell) them caring about something. Merely saying 'I care about you, suzy' doesn't cut it. Show it through actions and interactions.

Sorry to sound negative, but for my taste the writing is too portentious. The words all seem like they should be read aloud by the 'movie trailer voiceover guy'. I think you need to use that sort of thing pretty sparingly. If I flipped through the book in the LCS I'd stop reading at page 2 or 3.

The colouring is good, I like that. :)