• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spread - Justin Jordan and Kyle Strahm

249 posts in this topic

Read the first issue. Enjoyed it a lot. Very Tarantino-esque in that it borrows liberally from other sources. If you don't mind that, it's highly entertaining on its own. Comics-wise, if you liked SWEET TOOTH, then give this a shot.

Read the first issue. Enjoyed it a lot. Very Tarantino-esque in that it borrows liberally from other sources. If you don't mind that, it's highly entertaining on its own. Comics-wise, if you liked SWEET TOOTH, then give this a shot.

I'm completely on board. I really liked the first issue. The book wears its influences on its sleeve, but that is okay because the influences are all great sources. And Jordan really is an excellent writer. I'm hooked already.

How many variants are there...? (afraid to ask...)

Well you should expect a ton. This comic already has established itself as a top tier book with a loyal following. I am sensing the next WD sprinkled with bits of Southern Bastards and The Strain. Call J.J. Abrams....quick!!

As far as I can tell only the phantom and 3rd eye.

When Justin let me read #1 I saw other covers on his file link.

SDCC?

Image Expo?

Not sure.

There are others.

So possible more coming. So far only the 3 at launch

How many variants are there...? (afraid to ask...)

Well you should expect a ton. This comic already has established itself as a top tier book with a loyal following. I am sensing the next WD sprinkled with bits of Southern Bastards and The Strain. Call J.J. Abrams....quick!!

I hope they won't print a load. Likely not...

$$$$ rules!

issue 1 was decent. The whole name thing was a little confusing. Calling someone No is going to create some tricky dialogue down the road.

I was iffy on the art at first but he can draw a horse for sure ;)

I was thinking the same thing about the character names and dialogue issues later on.

I'm by no means an art aficionado, but I really enjoyed the art in issue 1. I thought it suited the overall feel that (I believe) they were pushing very well. 2c